“Best Tour of the Old City!!!”

St. Augustine Gold Tours
Ranked #2 of 123 Tours in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The tour takes you around the city down the narrow streets and as far south as the National Cemetery missing no important historical sights. We stop at several places and at guests requests for photos. Try the original and best personal tour in St Augustine and you will not be disappointed.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife and I have been coming to St. Augustine for 9 years. Last Friday we did a night tour(7pm) with Peter. Not only the best tour, but the best thing we have ever done in all our visits. Not only did we see and learn things we had not in the numerous other tours we had done, but left understanding how the past helped shaped the present. Peter and Maureen are lovely people and great ambassadors for the city. I only wish I had known about Gold tours sooner. Peter's in-depth knowledge and passion for the history of St. Augustine will make you feel like an insider. We were paired with 4 others in the small electric vehicle which was quite comfortable and felt like a private tour. This is especially a great tour for persons as myself who have mobility issues. Best of all, Peter and Maureen are lovely people who make you feel right at home in their adopted city. I look forward to going back just to spend time with them.

1  Thank ray S
staugustinegoldtours, Owner at St. Augustine Gold Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thanks for doing our new night sunset tour of the city which seems to be a success as every on one the tour has posted an excellent review.
We are trying to provide a tour on cooler evenings on the weekends after the other tour companies are closed and not a ghost tour, and will now start to promote it.
It was a pleasure to see you both.
Thanks Peter and Maureen

"personal tour"
in 24 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 32 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 39 reviews
in 13 reviews
"take pictures"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Peter Gold's tour was the highlight of my visit to St. Augustine. His electric tour vehicle is very clean, quiet and easy to enter and exit. He extended our evening tour, showing the group all of the highlights of the city. Peter is a genuine gregarious host, making sure that his guests are comfortable, safe and enjoying themselves. His knowledge of the area is thorough and very fascinating and tailors the tour to the whims of the guests. I felt like I obtained an insiders perspective of St. Augustine. Considering the extensive, personalized tour that I enjoyed immensely, I would have expected the cost to be a lot higher. It was night time at the end of the tour and my sister and I had parked a ways from the pick up point of the tour. Peter was a complete gentleman and insisted on dropping us off at our car! Thanks Peter for a lovely time!

It was a pleasure to see both you and your sister
Thanks Peter and Maureen

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Superb! Informative! Professional! Enlightening! Awesome! Entertaining! Thank you for showcasing St. Augustine’s rich history via Gold Tours. Master tour guide Peter Gold’s knowledge of the city’s by-gone days is remarkable. His flair for public speaking made our tour delightful.
Mr. Gold drove our party of six through narrow streets (where larger trolleys could not venture) detailing nuggets of history new to our ears. Small garden courtyards and architecture depicting Spanish and British influences were brought to our attention. Native and African American contributions to St. Augustine were also well highlighted. This up-close and personal tour gave our guests who were first- time visitors to St. Augustine a history lesson filled with interesting and noteworthy facts. What a pleasant, memorable experience! The Best Tour of St. Augustine is Gold Tours!
Barbara and Tony Ollarvia

1  Thank AOG252
staugustinegoldtours, Owner at St. Augustine Gold Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

What else can we say after such a review and accolades but
We try and cover all aspects of St Augustine and its rich history and are always excited to hear we are achieving our goal of being one of the best tours in St Augustine
Peter and Maureen

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We've gone the hop on hop off trolly and that is fine if you want generic - but this tour is not to be missed. Maureen and her cart can take you places in the city that the big trolley can't go - she is so knowledgeable and the tour was fabulous! It was just three of us and she took us around the city for 90 minutes - you get to see more of the historical part vs the fake fountain of youth touristy stuff. I would not hesitate to do this tour anytime I am in this city.

Thanks for the five star review
Maureen and Peter