“Excellent!”

Cuisines: American
Description: Little breakfast/lunch cafe in the nations oldest city
Description: Little breakfast/lunch cafe in the nations oldest city
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Great food! Friendly atmosphere! Prices are right! Off the beaten path and so worth it! French toast is the best I have ever had. Best breakfast in St. Augustine!

1  Thank valeriept4me

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Small, quaint and good food. What more do you want? Good coffee and and food was southern and the grits were smooth!
Great find and would do over!!
Try the corn beef withg poached eggs!

1  Thank Skip T
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

I was really hoping that this would be a little gem. The food was ok, not great. I had the corned beef hash with poached eggs and cheese. My friend had the Greek omelette and was please with that. The portions were good. The service was lacking. It's a very small restaurant. You shouldn't have to wait to have coffee refills or to see if you need anything else to make your meal complete. The dining area needs cleaning. The ladies room in particular was grungy with light fixtures down. Overall, I don't think that I would go back. There are just too many other nearby locations to have breakfast at that are much nicer, better service, and reasonably priced.

1  Thank juzmy2centz
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Whether you live here or you're just visiting, if you want an affordable breakfast that is REALLY GOOD, you have to go to the Spot. Their signature breakfast "The Spot" gives you eggs, meat, toast, potatoes (I always substitute for tomatoes) and coffee for $5! And the food is cooked perfectly to boot. This little treasure is something I should be keeping to myself for me and all the locals to enjoy, but it is just too good not to let everyone else in on. If you stop in, ask for Dave (the Owner) and tell him Leny sent you, then tell him you think it's as great as I do. Enjoy!

2  Thank Leny P
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We drive by this place on our way to fish at Vilano and have noticed how crowded it was. I read some mixed reviews on other sites but on TA it seemed fine. The place is small with about 10 tables, and a little on the dark side. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. We ordered the biscuits and gravy (B&G) which came with two eggs and a side of hashbrowns or homefries. We went with homefries, and over med eggs. I ordered the corned beef hash that also came with two eggs and choice of toast. I also ordered a side of homefries. The B&G were "OK". It wasn't from a can or flour pasty, it just didn't have a lot of flavor. Maybe more butter or sausage would have helped. The med eggs on top were cooked perfect and the biscuits were grilled. I'm not sure if they are made in house or not. The hash was dissapointing. It was straight from the Hormel can. When I go out for hash at a diner I expect it to be made in house. The poached eggs on top were cooked perfectly, the rye toast was good but the hit was the homefries. They were tender inside and a bit crispy on the outside. They were flavored well and I did not need to salt and pepper. The only aggravation was a couple of regulars who kept letting their phones ring and text messages go off every 15 seconds. Being a small place it annoyed everyone. Cost was about
$7-8 bucks and the portions were good. All in all I would go back, but I wouldn't go out of my way

2  Thank ReelSpearit