Going by the reviews I read here and information on their website, I made reservations to stay at the Edgewater Inn. The hotel is right on the water, beside the Bridge of Lyons, and directly across from Historic downtown St. Augustine. Upon checking in we went to the room and "dated" is not how I would describe the room, as others on here have described. Old and dirty feeling would be more of an accurate description of the room. The carpet had stains all over the place, the bed was hard as a rock, the bathroom was a throwback to the 60's that had stains all over the grout and cracked tiles. We then opened up the backdoor to check out the magnificent view of the harbor, downtown and dolphins swimming in the harbor. Instead our view consisted of a huge crane 30 yards from our door and construction boats that are working on the Bridge of Lyons in front of us, all blocking our "magnificent" view that was described on their website. We might have been able to deal with the older accomodations, but all of the sights and sounds of the construction going on was the straw that broke the camels back. Needless to say, back to the front desk I went and explained that this is not what we where expecting, nor desiring on our vacation and was the reason we could not stay there. Surprisingly the nice lady at the counter completely understood and issued us a FULL refund and did not charge us anything. IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON STAYING HERE, I would call first and make sure all of the construction has ended, so you have a view of something other than just construction equipment and I would make sure to get one the newly refurbished rooms. We didn't see the refurbished rooms, but anything would have been better than what we had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Picture yourself rising from a restful sleep and gaze out the window of your waterfront room, catching first glimpse of the Nation's Oldest City. Sailboats are anchored in the Bay, while others make their way to the Atlantic Ocean. Imagine sitting in your rocking chair, enjoying a cup of coffee as graceful seagulls fly above and dolphins break the waves. It's the beginning of another perfect day. The Edgewater Inn offers a relaxing, scenic and historic escape in the heart of St. Augustine, Florida. Located just a short walk from historic downtown St. Augustine at the foot of the Bridge of Lions, you will find this to be the perfect escape for your next getaway. Our 19 rooms property is ready to provide you with outstanding hospitality for both the leisure and romantic traveler. Recently renovated, the Edgewater Inn offers stylish rooms, a waterfront guest lounge area, a Smart Start hot breakfast, and afternoon refreshments. Come and enjoy St. Augustine with a view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Edgewater Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Hotel Saint Augustine
- Edgewater Motel Saint Augustine
- Edgewater Inn St. Augustine, Florida