“Will never return due to cook(owners sister)”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Harbor View Cafe

Harbor View Cafe
Ranked #136 of 580 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, View
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Will never return due to cook(owners sister)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

A few friends and I were in town visiting my beach house. I've lived in Saint Augustine several years and frequent multiple local restaurant which we've always loved. So on this day(Monday) we arrived for a late breakfast and asked the waitress if breakfast was still available to which she replied she'd have to check with the cook. The cook agreed, and so we decided to stay as it was a friends birthday and he wanted breakfast. The waitress returned to take our order but we weren't quite ready and that's when things took a turn for the worse. Apparently the cook(the owners sister) was having a bad day and barked at poor waitress to get our order immediately as she was going to cut us off from breakfast. She said it so loud from behind the counter the whole restaurant heard, next thing you know she rather abruptly came to our table about a minute after the waitress had just asked if we were ready to order. Feeling rushed, my friends began ordering but her attitude got worse as she asked if we wanted hash browns or potatoes then before anyone could answer she said "well you don't have a choice I threw the hash out." Then she decided we were taking too long to order and said "c'mon guys I don't have all day." At this point I decided I would not eat and told her I wasn't going to order and to move to the next person. I wasn't rude, I'm a very polite person but then she began to harass me to order something to which I refused. She then told me she had "calmed down" but by this point I just wanted to leave so as not to spoil my friends birthday. I've never been treated so rudely and I will never return, nor ever recommend this place.
On the other hand, we did go right around the corner to have an amazing brunch at Casa Maya.

7 Thank SuperSerg

Tampa, Florida
“great breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

delicious biscuits-huge and fluffy! wonderful food for a good price! I had an omelet with cheese grits and he had biscuits and gravy, we both loved it!

Boca Raton, Florida
“It'll do in a pinch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We ate breakfast. The place was busy and crowded. It took them a while to get our order and bring the food, which was warm. It was well prepared, though. Not many breakfast options in the area probably explains the crowd.

Vero Beach, Florida
“always great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We come here every time we come to St Augustine. Always good food and friendly staff who aren't afraid to give you a little ribbing to have a good time. Will go back next time we visit the ancient city!

New Port Richey
“Not the greatest breakfast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Our first evening there we walked past this restaurant and thought it was odd that they didn't have any business with all the tourists walking around. After we had breakfast there the next day we found out why. Potatoes came with onions (ick). Onions and most of the potatoes were nearly burnt. My scrambled eggs had runny whites inside. Bacon was hard as a rock. Breakfast was so bad for us we were not willing to give them a chance at lunch or dinner. A shame, they could have a gold mine with their location.

2 Thank Jennifer H