“How come the owner is the only person who knows anything about wine?”

Old Town Wine Cellar & Restaurant
Ranked #321 of 600 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Cozy and comfortable place, but no one knows anything about wine, and it's a wine bar! Every time I asked a question,the employees would run and get the owner, how annoying... the place is still not finished after all this time, all that remodeling...such a beautiful old historic building deserves better than that, so sad, I don't think I'll be returning.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My wife and I stumbled upon this place one cold damp evening in St. Augustine. It was warm, cozy inside, and had easy listening music and some great home made Sangria! Not being a Sangria drinker, I discovered that they had a great variety of beers micro-brewed in the area to choose from. We enjoyed it so much we went back again before we left town. Eric, the owner, was very gracious, as was the rest of the people there and made us feel right at home. I strongly suggest that if your in the area, you should stop in for a visit!

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Waiter: How was your salad?
Me: You mean the garnish?

Waiter: How was your shrimp scampi?
Me: Is that what that was?

The stale bread was decadent. The ritz crackers? Transcendent.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is the third time we stopped. One reason is we know the owner (friend of a cousin). We have a glass of wine and beer. We really enjoy Charlie Brown's music. We never ate there, so we cannot speak about the food. The wine and beer is a little pricey, but we figure the music makes up for that. We would go back. Another couple sitting in the big stuffed chairs led to some good conversation. They had the sangria and really enjoyed it.

1  Thank JMoore55
Reviewed 4 May 2013

My girlfriend and I always stop in for a sangria and sit and listen to some music. Always feel welcome when we stop in. Sangria price's a little high but are very good. This is a place we will always stop in during our trips.

1  Thank Tim S