“NEVER AGAIN !!!”

Dining options: Drinks, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Jacksonville, Florida
“NEVER AGAIN !!!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I went here with my husband, daughter and her fiancé and have to say it completely ruined my day. When we first walked in we were greeted by Eric who is such a nice person. He showed us the doors from London which were awesome. We though how friendly is this place ... WRONG !!
We asked if they carried the white wine, Muscato, and when they said yes we ordered a bottle. We were given some cheap wine with no mention of Muscato on it and when we questioned the server she said it was.. We tasted it and it was like vinegar ! we asked to change it and was given a bottle of Muscato. We then ordered our food and wished we hadn't.. My husband order cab cakes and it was so bad he could eat it ! My daughter and I ordered quesadias and when it arrived is was more like a dumpling with an excessive amount of cheese. Ediable though... My son- in law to be ordered a hamburger and it was cooked excessively and was soooo dry. My husband spoke with the chef about the crab cakes and was told we could see an uncooked one if we didn't believe it was crab. When he asked to speak with the chef she said "I just work here !". She then come over after the meal and said with a fake smile and sneer and stated in a really sarcastic tone of voice "Sorry we couldn't please you, some people you just cant" At that time I got up and walked out as I was about to wipe the smirk off her face.
DO NOT GO AND EAT HERE !!! IT WAS THE WORST MEAL EVER !!!!
Music was good though ....Chef removed $9 from the bill for the crab cake - total price for a disgusting meal and to be insulted $79.00 - no tip given...

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Teresa C

“Coolest place to spend your evenings”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Best time ever in the oldest city was spent at this joint. The soulful sounds of Charlie Brown lured us inside, and from that moment on, every element came together to create a perfect evening. We had even paid our tab, walked maybe 20 steps out the door to go to a ghost walk we'd paid for, and decided right then to skip the ghost tour and go back to Old Town. We already can't wait to go back! Say hi to Eric, who maybe manages or owns. And if Jazz is serving you, you're in for a treat.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank fla-n8tive
Citrus Springs, Florida
“do not eat here”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Our $18 dinners werent worth 18 cents! We could have ate microwaved tv dinners at home. The shrimp fettucini was served with spaghetti noodles and had a shrimp shell in it and it tasted like it was heated in microwave. The highly recommended lasagna was cold and the noodles were crunchy. We had been looking forward to a nice dinner out all day and were very disappointed.

Visited February 2014
Henderson, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Charlie Brown”
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Many reviewers cited Charlie in their reviews and rightly so. He is a tireless blues singer and a joy to hear. I'm told he worked with Ike and Tina Turner and Stevie Wonder. I didn't eat, so no opinion on the food. I had a "spiked" coffee the two nights I was there, so no opinion on the wine. My suggestion: with or without the food and wine, this is a man you will enjoy and you shouldn't miss him. I was only in town for a few days and am so grateful for having wandered in. Kamell

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kamell A
Kissimmee, Florida
“How come the owner is the only person who knows anything about wine?”
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Cozy and comfortable place, but no one knows anything about wine, and it's a wine bar! Every time I asked a question,the employees would run and get the owner, how annoying... the place is still not finished after all this time, all that remodeling...such a beautiful old historic building deserves better than that, so sad, I don't think I'll be returning.

• Visited December 2013