“Would stay again!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #71 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
Collins, Georgia
“Would stay again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

This hotel was not our first choice. I was so frustrated with trying to book with Expedia that I went to random booking site and booked the first cheap hotel I saw. I read no reviews or anything...and we were pleasantly surprised by this hotel! It was clean and the older man at the front desk was probably the friendliest person I have ever met. He was very helpful in helping us call a cab and with whatever needs we had. The hotel does not serve breakfast, but there was fresh hot coffee in the lobby which was perfect for me. We will definitely stay there again! My only complaint was that the outlets in the wall were very loose and would barely hold our phone chargers.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brittany D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Went online to look for a hotel. Remodel was very deceivingand so were the pictures that they show online. They look very outdated. Bathroom has a very small tub. Mold and mildew all over in the shower with long black hairs on the wall. I have blonde. Sink WA falling off the wall, door was falling apart on the bottom, no fitted sheets on the bed, bathroom floor looked dirty, house keeping came in to change the sheets and took it upon herself to turn off the a/c and No coffee pot :-( the office person was real nice though and the beds were comfortable at least, but wouldn't stay here again. Found other hotels later on that were cheaper and in a better location. We'll know better next time. Just very disappointed. But my husband and I didn't let it ruin our time in St. Augustine. St. Augustine was amazing.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank highemotions
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Went online to look for a hotel. Remodel was very deceivingand so were the pictures that they show online. They look very outdated. Bathroom has a very small tub. Mold and mildew all over in the shower with long black hairs on the wall. I have blonde. No coffee pot :-( the office person was real nice though and the beds were comfortable at least, but wouldn't stay here again. Found other hotels later on that were cheaper and in a better location. We'll know better next time. Just very disappointed. But my husband and I didn't let it ruin our time in St. Augustine. St. Augustine was amazing.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank highemotions
Lady Lake, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were in St. Augustine for Memorial day weekend. We did not want to spend a fortune on a room. Started looking for a decent priced room @ the beach. Could not believe the prices some of these places were charging. Absolutely ridiculous. The later it got, there were no vacancies, ended up here on N. US1. Was the only reasonable priced place, and he only had two rooms left. At this point i was ready for anything had been looking for 2 hours. Could tell it was an older motel. Had to have a smoking room, only thing available. I smoke just not inside. Room needed airing out bad... Could tell housekeeping wasn't great. Went and bought a candle.. bed was comfortable, didnt see any bugs. All in All was peaceful & quiet.( Better than sleeping 2 nights in my vehicle.) Manager was extremely nice. Was cleaner than the Scottish Inn (lions inn) over on Anastasia. The remodel sign is out front... a bit misleading.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kim34356
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

This place is need of an update and a good cleaning. The hotel was a joke, most of the outlets didn't work, the air wouldn't cool the room and the bedspread yuk. Carpet was so worn. Unfortunately it was Daytona 500 weekend and not many hotels were available.

Room Tip: Don't go here
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank pkane73

Travellers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

No fitted sheet, no blankets, sink began backing up all over the bathroom floor...we werent even near it, have to pay for ice, no coffee, no housekeeping , WiFi didn't work, hair all over bath... Not ours and not close to walk anywhere ... Even though listed as historic downtown.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank decorandafter
Georgetown, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed here, and got there very late on Friday night. Stayed through Sunday. I've read about bed bugs there with another poster, our room had none. I've had experiences with bed bugs before, and I always check when I get into a place before I unpack or anything. The manager was super nice. And as far as harassing, he would wave to us when we left, offered to help with our luggage. Everything. I call that being.... nice. I didn't have a chance to swim as it was only a weekend trip, and we had so much to do, but hopefully next time!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple