“Horrible”

Ranked #72 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
florida
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2009

This hotel is disgusting. The carpets were stained. The water was orange. There was hair on the sheets. The room had a terrible odor. My husband said he felt stuff crawling on him. I did not even want to let my baby down on the floor to play. My eight year old was scared to touch anything. Needless to say we didnt ever stay. The manager would not give me a refund so I just lost money. But there was no way I could make my family stay in something so nasty!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank shannonbell

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Orlando, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2008

Spent a few days in St Augustine and wanted a budget hotel to rest at night. Wasn't worth the savings. Hotel information said mini fridge, took us 2.5 days (out of 3 days stay) and talking to 3 people to actually get one in the room. Sheets and linens were stained. Hair on bathroom floor on check-in. Dead roach sticking out under bed. Mold on bathroom grout. Tried dealing with it until final day got an abrupt call saying that we never paid. Turns out they made a mistake when we checked in, and accused us of trying to get away with not paying. When we tried to settle up, we had to fight for the online rate we reserved - and told that we should be happy because they could have charged us more ?! Take my advice - spend a few extra bucks for a real name hotel instead of a budget one.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank bryanesliker

Travellers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2007

The Scottish Inn I stayed at was 420 Anastasia Blvd, not 427....so I hope I'm reviewing the right motel.

Formerly the Lion Inn, this motel is now in the Scottish Inns chain. It's an older facility with 50s style tiled bathrooms, but that also means the rooms are big and roomy. Everything (including the pool) was very CLEAN, bath water was nice and hot, rooms had micro/frig, a firm bed, new furniture, and they honored a discount motel travel coupon placed as Lion Inn. Drawbacks: no breakfast (only coffee) and an AC unit that was slow to cool the large room (but eventually did). They don't offer internet access, but I had no trouble picking up their office wi-fi with a clear signal and good speed. For 1/2 the price of many other economy motels in town, this was a very pleasant treat to the wallet. I Highly recommend it for the budget traveler.

• Liked — Roomy and clean.
  • Disliked — AC slow to cool the room.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank antq