“Good value - 15 mins walk to old town”

Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic
Ranked #30 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Good value hotel with clean room, comfy bed & free wifi. About 15 min walk to the old town with a wide choice of restaurants and coffee shops. Had 'free' breakfast that was basic but very edible, although nothing for latte fans of diet needs such as gluten free.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pete_Gill_W
Mark F, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2012

Thank you kindly for taking the time to let us know how we treated you during your stay with us. It is a pleasure to know that your accommodations were clean. Our housekeeping staff will be happy to hear about their good work. I am also happy to hear that you found a variety of restaurants during your visit. Finally, I see that the walk to the Historic District was a pleasant 15 minutes. Take care and thank you again for everything.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

This hotel was described as being in the heart of the historic district on a major "bid for it" website. Technically correct, but not the part of the historic district you probably picture; that's a mile away. If that's your idea of walking distance,then they are correct. The neighborhood is not one I would wander around in at night.
All this said in the negative, the hotel is clean, up to date, reasonably priced, and has an accommodating staff. I would stay there again because of the value, but I know I'll have to struggle with parking downtown.

Room Tip: In this neighborhood, I'd avoid first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kalimantan50
Mark F, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I see that you found the walk to the Historic District to be longer than expected and for that I apologize. On behalf of the staff, I would like to thank you for the kind words you gave everyone. Thank you again and have a great day.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

We had a great stay-weather could have been better-we stayed the Saturday that hurricane Sandy was making it's way up the coast line. We had a free buffet breakfast that was awesome! Vey spacious room. I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scburpee
Mark F, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Thank you very kindly for taking the time to give us your good words. I am sorry that the hurricane blew in its rain and gusts during your stay, but I am also pleased to see that you enjoyed our breakfast. Please feel free to come back and stay with us during kinder weather. Take care and have a fantastic day!

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed here the night of Oct. 20th and the room was wonderful. It had two queen beds and a pull out sofa so everyone slept comfortably. It was clean and the staff were friendly. We usually stay at Holiday Inn Express so I was able to get the room with reward points, and they did not disappoint. I have to give a shout out to Michelle for helping me get my laptop shipped back to me after I stupidly left it in the room and didn't realize until the next day and 1000 miles away. The staff is top-notch and professional and the location can't be beat.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard S

On behalf of the staff of the Holiday Inn in St Augustine, I give our highest appreciation. I will happily let Michele know that she did a wonderful job for taking care of your laptop. I hope that you thoroughly enjoyed the time you spent in St Augustine. Naturally, if you find yourself in the area again please come and stay with us. Thank you and take care.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

If you are staying in St. Augustine this is a great hotel to stay at. You can walk to the fountian of youth catch the trolly and ride into town. No need to drive your car to town and pay to park. You can leave your car at the hotel and ride the trolly into town. You can walk to town but a bit of a hike. The staff was wonderful and very helpfull. The room was very clean. Plenty of parking and well lit. Has a large pool that was very inviting. Breakfast was well stocked and had all we needed. Thanks to the staff for a great job.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank marie w

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your kind words. I hope the visit to the Historic District was pleasant and the walk was not too much of a bother. I will definitely pass along the good news to the staff about the job they did. Also, I see that you enjoyed our amenities such as breakfast, the pool and spacious parking. Once again, thank you for everything and please visit us again when you return to St Augustine.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Pros: close enough to historic district if you don't mind a 10 min walk and 2 min walk to both trolley stations (old senator and old jail). We got free breakfast and were very pleased with the service and food selection/quality! Would've been worth the $ if it wasn't free. King room with whirlpool is pretty great! The whirlpool is in the restroom so it doesn't steam up the room, but it has a window looking into the room so you can watch tv from tub (and also watch companions shower ;0) hehe). Tub/room were very clean and comfy bed. Business center was free and a huge help when I needed to print something last minute! A lot of hotels charge for that.
Con: the wifi is terrible!!! I almost gave 4 star because it is useless!!! I'd rather pay extra than not have in room wifi. I also specifically requested a room with strong wifi, but will chalk that up to bad wifi throughout all rooms and not a customer service oversight since the customer service was great. I hate to belabor this point, but Internet is an integral of travel, which is why tripadvisor exists haha

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Radioheed
Mark F, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

Thank you so very much for taking the time out let us know how we treated you during your stay with us. I am pleased that the Historic District was easily accessible to your party. I am also happy to know that you enjoyed the spa. I hope you had a good opportunity to spy on someone showering:) Finally, I wish to apologize about the WIFI situation. I completely understand how important the Internet is to travelers as I use it on a daily basis myself, including any trips I take. We actually have new equipment but we need to some adjustments for coverage. At any rate, I appreciate everything you had to share with us and please visit us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Although the location is very good and the reception was very welcoming, I must say this hotel did not completely live up to our expectations and we are regular Holiday Inn visitors. I had requested for a room as far as possible from the elevators and instead they put us the closest possible to it. Probably misread my remarks on the booking, we did not bother to ask for a different room and had no complaints about any noise. We had the impression we were on a smoking floor, although I had requested for non smoking. Misread again ? Breakfast service was efficient with nice food but louzy coffee.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Mark F, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I apologize for the issues with your reservation requests. We usually strive to acccommodate all requests and it appears that we missed the mark in your case. I hope that you will continue to use the Holiday Inn brand and I thank you again for your comments.