Check in with Rose was pleasant. She was great and informative. The internet was not usable it went in&out and was so slow when connected the page would time out. Do not stay here if ur dependent on reliable internet. Room was clean but it was far from a suite. It was a hotel room with suite furniture crammed into it. (And the ihg website says nothing about a "mini-suite") its either a suite or its not and this is not. Also, we found an advertisement for lower rate in a magazine but holiday inn guarantees "the lowest rate" :/ guess not! The hotel restaurant is rarely open and closes early (8pm? on friday). The next morning the maid had no clean sheet sets on her cart? (Awkward) I called the front desk and they said they wud send some but we never rcvd. I stopped at the front desk to let them know and the gentleman was preoccupied and annoyed I was interrupting him and said he would personally give me some when I returned. In other words he didnt want to get them for me then, I guess? I also noticed he was very unkept, needed a haircut, etc and I rarely notice these things about people so it had to be pretty bad. (He had an unkept faux mo hawk) smh... The pool was great, breakfast was good. The hotel is not in the historic district but a few blocks over so depending on the purpose of your visit can be good or bad. There are defintely closer places to stay but most are motels and look older than here. I do not know if we will stay again. I do not like to be an unappreciated guest when there are so many other selections. The fact this hotel just "gets by" for holiday inn standards annoys me. They are not would you would expect for a full service holiday inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ...to the nation's oldest city, historic St. Augustine. You are invited to stay and relax in our full service hotel with restaurant on site; conveniently located near St. Augustine's rich history, attractions and shopping. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic is the perfect setting for a family vacation or the weary corporate traveler. Just minutes from the Castillo de San Marco, Flagler College and the Cathedral Bascillica. Other nearby favorites are the Lighthouse, Alligator Farm and the Lightner Museum, plus we are only a short drive to golf courses and the beaches.The Cafe St. Augustine Restaurant serves a Country Breakfast Buffet daily, and also offers room service and dinner. The Flagler Room offers the perfect setting for meetings and receptions. Sightseeing trains provide shuttle service from the hotel. Nearest major airports are Jacksonville, Daytona & Orlando.Favorite Special Events and Holidays are the Gamble Rogers Folk Festival, Nature & Birding Festival, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th Fireworks Celebration, San Sebastian Wine Festival, Daytona 500 and TPC at Sawgrass.Let our friendly staff make a reservation for you today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites St. Augustine/Historical District
- Holiday Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic Florida