The location pretty good, its about .8 miles to historic downtown which you can walk to or take the trolley ($25 for three day pass). I forgot a toothbrush and the front desk gave me one for free.
I found blood on my sheets and pillow case. I took the sheets from the other bed and in the morning I went to the front desk and requested for all my sheets to be changed because I they had blood on them. The agent told me that they change the sheets every time they clean the room (not sure if they really do). I said okay, and went back to my room. They agent never asked which room I was in or even said sorry.
Breakfast is not free, which is fine, we just went to a local restaurant instead, also there is a Denny's next door.
I was traveling with my partner (gay). When we checked in we where given a double room. The front desk agent made a joke about traveling with my friend. I didn't correct him I just requested a King (the agent kinda gave me a face) and then told he could not change our room because the assignment was made earlier in the day and he could not change it this late in the night (we checked in around midnight). I don't believe the hotel was full either. I don't usually feel people treat me different because I am gay but this is one of the few times I felt I was being judged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ...to the nation's oldest city, historic St. Augustine. You are invited to stay and relax in our full service hotel with restaurant on site; conveniently located near St. Augustine's rich history, attractions and shopping. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic is the perfect setting for a family vacation or the weary corporate traveler. Just minutes from the Castillo de San Marco, Flagler College and the Cathedral Bascillica. Other nearby favorites are the Lighthouse, Alligator Farm and the Lightner Museum, plus we are only a short drive to golf courses and the beaches.The Cafe St. Augustine Restaurant serves a Country Breakfast Buffet daily, and also offers room service and dinner. The Flagler Room offers the perfect setting for meetings and receptions. Sightseeing trains provide shuttle service from the hotel. Nearest major airports are Jacksonville, Daytona & Orlando.Favorite Special Events and Holidays are the Gamble Rogers Folk Festival, Nature & Birding Festival, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th Fireworks Celebration, San Sebastian Wine Festival, Daytona 500 and TPC at Sawgrass.Let our friendly staff make a reservation for you today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites St. Augustine/Historical District
- Holiday Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic Florida