Everything was expected when we arrived. As soon as we got in the room it was not as cool as the hall way that we were just in, so I lowered the thermostat. It was already set to 69 degrees but I didn't think anything about it. The air was cool so we were set. We left after 20 min to go to dinner. When we returned, the room was hot again, so I called the front desk to see about another room. That is when I was told about the Green Lodging Program. (Might want to check on this before future reservations... I will be. http://www.dep.state.fl.us/greenlodging/ )
It seems that they have installed motion sensors in the room to turn off the air when you are not in the room. She immediately asked if we wanted another room and I asked if it would matter. Can you over ride the system for me? 30 min. later, she came in to over ride and the evening was spent in cool air conditioning. During those 30 minutes, I ran my experiment. The thermostat was set to 65 degrees and I guarantee you it never got below 75 degrees and we kept moving around. (I asked her how this operates when you sleep.....duh....no answer given).
Next, the Breakfast buffet, we got our free coffee and went to McDonalds 1 block away. $11.95 each. Your call. We didn't.
The Hotel itself was very average. The rooms were almost clean. It could be very nice with the right attention.
P.S. SLOW WIRED INTERNET 1Mbps down, 1 Mbps up
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ...to the nation's oldest city, historic St. Augustine. You are invited to stay and relax in our full service hotel with restaurant on site; conveniently located near St. Augustine's rich history, attractions and shopping. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic is the perfect setting for a family vacation or the weary corporate traveler. Just minutes from the Castillo de San Marco, Flagler College and the Cathedral Bascillica. Other nearby favorites are the Lighthouse, Alligator Farm and the Lightner Museum, plus we are only a short drive to golf courses and the beaches.The Cafe St. Augustine Restaurant serves a Country Breakfast Buffet daily, and also offers room service and dinner. The Flagler Room offers the perfect setting for meetings and receptions. Sightseeing trains provide shuttle service from the hotel. Nearest major airports are Jacksonville, Daytona & Orlando.Favorite Special Events and Holidays are the Gamble Rogers Folk Festival, Nature & Birding Festival, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th Fireworks Celebration, San Sebastian Wine Festival, Daytona 500 and TPC at Sawgrass.Let our friendly staff make a reservation for you today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites St. Augustine/Historical District
- Holiday Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn St Augustine
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District Florida