“We love the Pirate Haus!!”

The Pirate Haus Inn
Ranked #20 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We chose the Pirate Haus because "It's all about Pirates" and the free pancake breakfast. My 7 yr old son was soooo excited. He could not decide which bunk bed to sleep in. At Captain Conrad's suggestion, we took a blanket and made a fort for him to sleep in!
The staff were kind and helpful. We met new and interesting people at breakfast everyday. The pancakes were fabulous and the coffee.... lets just say I was in heaven!
This place is very family oriented, no smoking, no drinking and there is a noise curfew. I found the Pirate Haus to be very relaxing and laid back. The beds were comfortable, the room (we stayed in the map room) was clean and spacious. The bathroom was sufficient and clean and I loved the maps on the walls!
The location could not have been better, we walked everywhere from here and be sure to listen to Captain Conrad... he will never steer you wrong!

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank smd62

Reviewed 25 March 2012

If you have children, this is the place for you. I have a son in grade 4 and a girl in kindergarten. We stayed in the jungle room ( the kids loved the bunk beds) and i got the big bed to myself, it was comfrotable. Conrad made personalized pancakes for each of my children in the morning and even gave my girl a lesson on how he does it. Its a great way to start the day because we did lots of walking. This place is in the middle of all the sights and the location is perfect if you want to adventure out in the morning, return for a lunck break, and then go back out later. But, even better than the price, pancakes, and location is the playroom. Both my children got a chance to play and make friends with other kids and adults. Even Conrad played a couple of rounds of Uno with us.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, the garbage trucks will wake you at 6:00 am and the band at Harry's...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
capnconrad, Owner at The Pirate Haus Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Thanks for your review! That is the same bed that another guest complained about last year, just shows you can't please everyone! I started a game of Uno the second day, but then Pancake duty called me away! I hope you guys come back soon, your kids were a delight!

Reviewed 23 March 2012

What a fun place to stay! The location is right in the heart of downtown, and a short walk from St George street. We felt so welcome and at home right away, and enjoyed the common room and the fun decor. My teenager had a blast playing with the pirate toys, and Conrad made his famous pirate pancakes and even put her name on them. The room we stayed in had a pirate theme, super comfy beds and very clean. We had a great experience and will plan to stay longer on our next visit. Loved it!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

The Pirate Haus has only 5 rooms, the are decorated in pirate motifs. The rooms have bunk beds as well as a queen bed. My wife and I are in our late 60's, we liked the place. I suspect that kids would love the place. When you go up the stairs, you are suddenly back in time. The roo was old but clean. The staff helpful, and the owner makes you breakfast. We would happily stay at the Pirate Haus again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
capnconrad, Owner at The Pirate Haus Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Thank you for staying with us, but I've been trying to make the Inn less of a hostel and well, more of an Inn. So please let me know how you think I can best achieve this.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

A friendly, fun little hotel in the heart of old town St. Augustine. You can walk easily to all the main attractions in town, such as Castillo de San Marcos, Flagler College, the Cathedral, museums, the oldest school house, etc. Free parking is available for guests in private rooms. The rooms aren't fancy, but they are clean and comfortable. The pancake breakfast is a nice touch, and very yummy. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Pirate Haus very much. The establishment was clean, located in a convenient location accessible to the major sights and landmarks (all within walking distance). We will stay in Pirate Haus should we visit St Augustine again.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Stayed here for two nights over Christmas. The kids loved the toys in the living room and the pancakes. I appreciated the care to offer real gluten free pancakes for my daughter with celiac. I had to explain a bit how to be truly gluten free (eg don't use the same pan, unless you cook the gluten free pancakes firt) but that is typical. It was great to be in the middle of things and I didn't find it too noisy. Personally I like the informal European style of the place although I know that is not for everyone. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family