“An absolute nightmare.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was there with my family. The server was utterly incompetent and the food was beyond terrible and nasty. We made the mistake to order the paella, it tasted like zatarains microwaveable rice with tomato paste and kielbasa. It had 2 scallops that were raw and half frozen and fried hot wings. FRIED HOT WINGS!!! Who the heck told these people that a paella has nasty fried hot wings as an ingredient?!?! For the priced we paid we expected at least something half decent but the food was absolutely nasty. Don't waste your money on this dump

2  Thank KittyKattK
Brasilierissimo S, Owner at Restaurant and Cafe Solo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

As it is part of our service to follow-up on bad reviews, I would appreciate if you would send me a copy of your receipt, or even the date and time when you visited my restaurant. You may even call me at my restaurant 1 904 810 2399 for Chef Angelo.
It is beyond a restaurateur's imagination to have a client come in, ate some food that he/she claims to be half raw, frozen, and dump, and finished the meal, and paid for the entire bill!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My son and I stumbled upon this quaint restaurant a few weeks ago and we will definitely return! The food (lemon chicken and fish 'n chips) was excellent, and the service perfect! We were greeted by the owners and welcomed with warm hospitality. Can't wait to make a trip back to St. Augustine and sample some of the other wonderful items on the menu!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Happened to be strolling down Aviles when my husband & I noticed another couple under an umbrella table enjoying a couple of glasses of Sangria in front of Cafe Sol. It was warm out, they had a fan blowing, & the street was fairly quiet so we decided to take a break & grab a bite to eat. Ordered up 2 glasses of the Sangria, which at $8 each seemed a little expensive, that is, until I tasted it. WOW! Deeeelicious! Now THIS is Sangria, deep, fruity, & flavorful with just the right amount of sweetness. I ordered the eggplant sandwich, my husband ordered the Manaus (I've attached a picture, it was quite impressive looking). While my sandwich was very tasty, my husband has not been able to shut-up about his choice! If he could kidnap the owner/chef, Angelo, & bring him to Atlanta to be forced to recreate this "masterpiece" every day, he would! Needless to say, we enjoyed our lunch on a very scenic street. The service was fantastic & the owners were very friendly. Looking forward to visiting again on our next trip through St Augustine!

Brasilierissimo S, Owner at Restaurant and Cafe Solo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

That was a fun time we had with you and your husband, AtlantaKim 77! We will be here waiting for your next visit! Thank you very much for your business.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stopped by this restaurant on Saturday as the reviews were good. We were headed for the concert at the Cathedral Basilica so decided to give it a try. The owner was very exuberant and friendly along with the rest of the staff.
We were advised on all the dishes and were given recommendations, choosing the Feijoada Completa - what a meal!! there were so many plates of food and the aroma was truly wonderful. The dish itself consisted of beef, pork, sausage, spices and herbs in a rich black bean sauce. Angel our waiter told us about the oranges at the end of the meal - who knew to eat oranges after eating a dish of black beans. Dessert of Tiramusu was just as enjoyable and needless to say were absolutely stuffed when we left.
Well done to this unassuming little gem.

Thank you, k9mummy! We are very happy that you've enjoyed a great Fejoada experience on that day, and we look forward to cooking for you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was our first trip here oh my we will return. The food is wonderful cooked individual to taste. We had the chance to meet both owners made you really feel welcome. We had 2 pasta dishes and 2 chicken dishes oh can't say who had the best. We had fried ravavilo what a treat. This cafe is in a quaint street you can eat outside also. This is a must for you to try.

1  Thank Joyce B