“An older property, but well kept and and clean.”

Super 8 St. Augustine
Ranked #70 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 27 June 2014

It's the more budget friendly Super 8 in St. Augustine, away from the beaches and near I-95. It suits the purpose of a clean and comfy room, minus a fridge and microwave.
It has a pool which appeared lively with guests, but I didn't venture into it.
It allows pets, and yapping was heard right down the hall from my room, but it didn't keep me awake.
Parking seems a little crowded, especially with a semi-trailer taking up many parking spots. It looks like it's used for storage.
Breakfast had the do-it-yourself waffles which are great, but the tasty lil cinnamon rolls were missing. Maybe they were out?
Front desk staff was always pleasant and easy to deal with.
No problems here, would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
gordon c, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 St. Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

We do appreciate the time taken to write this review .We are currently making updates to our rooms and do hope to see you again when we complete these updates.As for the cinnamon rolls there was a late delivery and we will make sure that doesn't happen again,for that please accept our apologies.Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I checked in around 3am to find the doors locked. The night guy appeared from his car in the parking lot. I can only assume he was napping. A little unprofessional but no big deal I guess. I'm glad I'm not the one paying him.

I prepaid through super8. The night clerk asked me for my credit card for an "imprint" since I paid online. I asked why and he stated it was company policy. I refused that immediately. He began to argue a bit, and said, "what if you break the TV?". I said that the Super8 company I paid through has more than enough of my info to track me down if I manage to break your $50 TV from 1987. He has absolutely NO business taking an imprint of my card unless he intends to use it for nefarious purposes. Sorry there, broseph.. I was born at night but not last night! No other places I have stayed ever asked for my card. My ID yes, but not my card.

Now onto the room itself. It was not bad. Could use some updating, but it was way better than a lot of other places. The beds were a little on the springy side and could stand to be replaced. The shower was decent. The coffee maker was not useable due to cleanliness. Fortunately there is a Dunkin right down the street. No one ever came to remake the room or take the trash in the 3 nights I stayed. It didn't bother me just because I would rather keep strangers out of my little bubble, but it could be a concern for most others.

Breakfast consisted of cereal, pastries, and a make-it-yourself waffle iron. Of course there were the standard beverages. Check out was a breeze and the day clerk was not at all as shady as the night guy. Overall, I probably wouldn't stay here again just because I know I can do way better at this price point.

• Stayed: June 2014
gordon c, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 St. Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and writing this review.We did have a late delivery of cinnamon rolls,for that we apologize. We do hope to see us again,thank you.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was an unplanned, 'quicky' trip to St. Augustine. We had no reservations and had to find a place conveniently located to a hospital. We were beat, this was close and they had a room available. The room smelled like mildew and sorely needed updating. Bathroom sink dripped. Second night there, at 9:15PM, the front desk called to tell us we had to evacuate to another building because a water main had broken and there was danger of a sinkhole. We had been on the 1st floor and we were told the only room available to move to was on the 2nd floor. No elevator and we had a ton of stuff to move. I called the front desk back and asked if anyone could help us. Someone came immediately and lugged EVERYTHING for us. We were so grateful! When we were checking out a few days later, we asked for help again and two people showed up and helped us pack everything in our car.
Sooo.....bottom line is that although the accommodations were less than desirable, the staff was fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
gordon c, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 St. Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

We have looked at this review and we have come to the conclusion that this is not our hotel.We have not had any water main broke in recent history.However thank you for your review.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This motel was older and run down but it had all the basics, even a pool. Carpet in the room was humid and my allergies bothered me during the night. Did not sleep well. Free WiFi but information on use was not clearly visible, I needed to seek more instructions. Took advantage of the pool since it was hot and humid but chairs were limited around the pool. The highway was near the hotel and this added a bit more noise nearby as well as some dogs other guests had in their room. This is the first hotel with pets that we stayed at.Breakfast was included and was basic with little seating available.Bathroom needs to be updated and carpets removed. It was close enough to St Augustine which we enjoyed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

We do apologize that your stay with us was no super.We thank you for your review and have made note of all the issues you encountered and have begun to correct what is in our capacity to correct.The issue of pets is always an ongoing situation that we try to make as comfortable for both parties involved.We are currently in process of installing new carpets and have made more seating available in the breakfast area.Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was 300 miles away and I forgot something under my pillow I called the manger and he went up to my room and got my stuff this is a very nice place to stay and very very honest people I would stay there again

Larry Bailey
Palm Bay,Fl

Room Tip: It,s a great place to stay and the workers are very honest people