“Lovely 1st anniversary”

Ranked #24 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Clermont, Florida
“Lovely 1st anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

My husband and I wanted to get away for aour 1st weeding anniversay and lt me tell you it is not easy to find a nice, special place that is pet friendly as we wanted to take our dog with us.
The Inn far exceeded our expecations, teh people were more than friendly, the room was very nice with an amazing view. THe restaraunt near by was also pet friendly and the food was great! THe prices were also more the reasonable for our stay.
When I got home I realised that I left my favorite bathing suit in the bathroom. My husband called and they already had it ready to ship out to us. I would highly reccomend teh Inn adn we will be returning often.

Room Tip: Just about allrooms have a marina view except for two I think but you can easily look at the rooms a...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Camachee, Manager at Inn at Camachee Harbor, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
We are so happy that you had such a wonderful experience here! We absolutely love having couples here to celebrate anniversaries, be it 1st or 50th. It is such a special experience to help couples be able to get away from the world, relax, and enjoy each other on our peaceful marina setting. We're especially happy we made it possible to bring your puppy on this special occasion!

PS - Hope the swim suit arrived okay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

My husband and i found this place a year ago because it was listed as a pet friendly Inn what a wonderful find it was! It is clean, accomodating and the view is just beautiful as most rooms are of the harbor. This is a home away from home for us and we plan on driving up here 2-3 x a year if even for a night or two. We only live 2 hrs away and look forward to the days when we can come up and just relax, our dogs love it as well. Kingfish Grill is right there in the back of the Inn and has a wonderful menu as well as the Fish Tail general store located in front of the Inn here you can get a free breakfast daily courtesy of Camachee Inn. Go and try this place out you will not be sorry.

Room Tip: no fitness room but you are here to relax who needs working out, if you need excercise you can walk...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Camachee, Manager at Inn at Camachee Harbor, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
What a fantastic review! Nothing gives us more satisfaction as a team than hearing that our guests have a good time while they're here. We love being a pet friendly establishment, and take pride in how clean and fresh we keep our rooms. Thank you for choosing our Inn here in beautiful Saint Augustine, and we look forward to seeing you and your husband again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I cant say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay at this beautiful clean convenient hotel.as much as we enjoyed our trip the room was actually the highlight of our trip.we stayed in suite 22 it was beautiful the view was awesome and we were worried the boats would be loud and keep us up but not at all.the manager at the front desk was so nice and helpful she saved us a ton of money on tickets to attractions.breakfast at fishtales was great way better than typical hotel breakfast.5min to free parking in town for the trolley or train 5min the other direction to free parking at or on vilano beach.my wife and i will be back every year for our anniversary. We loved it.

• Stayed April 2012
Camachee, Manager at Inn at Camachee Harbor, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
We truly cannot thank you enough for your wonderful review! It gives us great pride to hear that we helped make someone's stay so enjoyable; that's why we're here! We really look forward to seeing you both again for your anniversary, and will continue to do anything and everything we can to make your trips to Saint Augustine everything they can be!
COCOA, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My long-time friend and I were planning a reunion weekend in St. Augustine and since we were both on a budget it seemed that cheap hotels near the old city were our only options, and not very good ones at that. I found Camachee Harbor completely by accident, and I'm so very glad I did! For a few dollars more, my friend and I stayed in a very clean room with a balcony overlooking the marina. There was plenty of space for the two of us, although the layout of the bathroom was a bit funky. David, at the front desk, was helpful in many ways and happily answered any of our questions. The restaurant next door, The Kingfish Grill, had excellent food and a decent wine list. We took a cab to the downtown area on Saturday morning; it was a 5 minute ride and cost about 8 bucks. The Inn is close enough to allow you to be tourists and yet is not part of the downtown hotel pricing. The breakfast that was included with the reservation was at a little place next door to the inn; there are limited choices but the food is decent. The Inn is a place where I will stay again!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a great view of the marina.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Camachee, General Manager at Inn at Camachee Harbor, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you so much for the great review! We like to boast that we are just off the beaten path, while still being so close to shopping and excitement in downtown Saint Augustine, and we are so glad that you enjoyed that. Saint Augustine has so much to offer, and it sounds like you made the best of your short visit. We certainly hope to see you again soon!
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Just back from St Augustine and all it has to offer. We always stay at the Inn at Camachee Harbor - Room #10 is bi-level with a wrap around porch on the 1st floor. The sliders in the living room let out onto the porch with the most beautiful view of the marina. It is quiet and peaceful and a great retreat to recharge your batteries from a day in St Augustine.

The Inn provides a cooked breakfast from the adjacent diner. I always call ahead so I can pick up and bring back to the room and we sit on the patio watching the marina wake up.

The hotel staff are very helpful but do not intrude in anyway.

There is a restaurant at the end of the harbor - The Kingfish Grill -about 100 yards from the Inn - which serves great meals and has a very good atmosphere. So again no risk of overdoing things when you can walk back to your room for a good nights sleep.

The only down side I can think of is that there are no glasses or plates or cutlery - so if you plan to drink Champagne and eat caviar from the jar bring your glasses and silverware with you - we do!

Otis

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for this lovely review! We are so happy to have our loyal repeat guests come and stay with us, and we are so glad that you enjoyed this trip. Thank you for everything you said about our little Inn, and we hope to see you again soon!

PS - Next time, just ask the front desk for wine glasses. :-)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

It was a very large room good for a family,during my three day stay there I saw multiple roaches walking around the room. Also under the couches where cheerios from the previous guest.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Sheedal
Camachee, Manager at Inn at Camachee Harbor, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for your review. We have regular, scheduled pest control spraying done inside and out here at the Inn, and are very surprised that you may have seen roaches in your room during your stay. We have never had live roaches reported to us from a guest, and our staff has never seen live roaches in our building, in guest rooms, or any public areas. Our best guess is that this was a fluke, where the room door may have been left open, and some bugs crawled in at that time.

Our housekeepers thoroughly clean every room when a guest checks out, including vacuuming and mopping, but may not have the time to move heavy furniture such as sofas to vacuum beneath on every cleaning day.

We certainly apologize for any discomfort, and will immediately address both of these issues. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

A few years ago, I was searching for an inexpensive yet good quality place to stay in St. Augustine for my first anniversary with my boyfriend. I discovered the Inn at Camachee on tripadvisor and am so glad that we stayed there. The room was clean, spacious and right on the beautiful harbor. We had an amazing stay and continued to visit every anniversary until February 2012 when we stayed there after our wedding. This Inn never disappoints! It isn't right in the main historic district which I think is nice because it is quiet and much more private than a bed and breakfast. I definitely recommend trying this beautiful gem.

Room Tip: We always stay in 19 with the huge hot tub :)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Camachee, Front Office Manager at Inn at Camachee Harbor, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
What a beautiful way to describe our Inn! We are always so happy to see our guests who have been coming to us year after year, especially for something wonderful like your anniversaries, and after your wedding! We are glad you enjoy our intimate location, and hope you will continue to visit us in the coming years for your wedding anniversaries!