We have stayed at this inn many times and until recently have been very impressed. Last year we were disappointed with some cleanliness issues and this year there was no improvement, There was dust behind the furniture and the bathroom floor was unclean but the biggest problem was the blinds covering the door. This is a first floor room facing the garden and the blinds were in a disgusting state - many were broken and three were missing completely meaning that the security lights from the garden shone into the room all night long making it impossible to sleep. When we complained the next day we were told it was up to the owners to replace them. We expressed our displeasure and while we were out they did make an attempt to mend them - they in fact replaced the missing ones with some obviously from another room and although it worked to a point they kept falling off when opened or closed. Also there were four people in the room and one day one of our beds was not made. When we asked why we were told "it had been pulled back neatly" so they assumed it meant we did not want it made (!). The sofa was terrible, virtually impossible to sit on. The carpet had seen better days and the walls are a very dark color and as the room faces the garden with lots of trees it is always dark in the room and the light has to be on constantly. We travel with our dog and are charged $15 per night pet fee which we are happy to pay as we assume it is because the rooms are cleaned more thoroughly, We noticed that each day the carpet got messier and during the three days we were there it was never vacuumed. We asked why our room had not been cleaned and was told that vacuuming is not part of the maid service - why do we pay a pet fee? All our comments were written on the comment card in the room, expressed to a staff member and written in an email but we received no feedback from the agents. This is our favorite place to stay when we visit St Augustine so we are sorry to have these problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Camachee Harbor offers spectacular sunset and sunrise views from all 19 of our room's private balconies. Come and relax while enjoying Intracoastal, marina or garden views from our spacious and beautifully decorated units. We are conveniently located one mile north of historic downtown and half a mile from Florida's beautiful beaches. Come visit us to experience North Florida's laid back lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inn at Camachee Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Camachee Harbor Hotel Saint Augustine
- Hotel At Camachee Harbor
- At Camachee Harbor Hotel
- Inn At Camachee Harbor St. Augustine, Florida