“Absolutely loved this campground!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Augustine
North Beach Camp Resort
Colorado Springs
“Absolutely loved this campground!”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We staying at the North Beach Camp Resort for a week in June and it was wonderful. We stayed in one of the pull-through sites with full hook-ups. Our site was huge with a canopy of Live Oaks and lots of palmettos separating our site from the sites on either side. I loved the trees and the natural feel of the landscaping. I also loved the fact that the campground goes right up to the Intercoastal Waterway (ICW) on on side and you just have to walk across the street to get to the ocean on the other side. The pool was very clean and was a comfortable temperature.

The campground has three bathhouses, each with laundry facilities. I only used the showers attached to the lobby/office, as those were the closest to my site. They were kept clean - though there is always sand to be found when staying at the beach - and were freshly painted. The water pressure and temperature were quite acceptable. The only complaint I have about the restrooms is that they're worn looking - the grout needed some work and there was rust round the rim of the sinks. The mirror was loosing its reflective coating around the edges. I felt they were acceptable but my mother, who is more particular about these things, didn't like them. The bath house that looked the oldest on the outside (the one with open air laundry) looked like it had been remodelled inside most recently.

Wi-fi was avaiable at the office building and they had a nice lobby with tables and chairs. You could also use the wi-fi after hours in the laundry room, which also had tables and chairs. I tried using it outside the building, at a picnic table but the connection was unreliable there.

Security: there is a keycode to get into the campground and into the bathhouse.

Discounts: Good Sam or ask about specials. We got a "Stay 6-nights, get the 7th night free" deal.

It is a large campground and a lot of people use golf carts or bicycles to get around the campground. We didn't find anyone in St. Augustine that rent golfcarts but the office said that there is a company in Jacksonville that rents them.

I only had 2 complaints: The first is that they charge $3 for any visitors who stay longer than a few minutes. My daughter lives in the area and we had the pay extra just to have her come and visit us at our campsite - she wasn't sleeping there or using any of the amenities. The second is that there was debris from a previous camper in my site when I arrived. A corn cob and crackers had been dumped on the ground. The campground isn't cheap (though worth the price) and I do feel those should've been removed prior to our arrival.

I loved our time here and would certainly stay at the North Beach Camp Resort again.

Room Tip: It is a large campground so it may be convenient to decide whether you prefer a site closer to the I...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ajcolorado

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We happened upon this campground while driving Highway A1A up the coast. Glad we did! It's one of the few along the beach that allows tent camping; most places are full-hookup only. North Beach also has three cabins available. We were impressed with the young man at the front desk, as he was very courteous and helpful. We were allowed to park our Suburban in a tent camping site (slept in the back on an air mattress).

This place is pretty much all-inclusive, with restaurants across the street, a camping store in the main building, a swimming pool, whirlpool, a shuffleboard court, showers, beach access, and a river at the back as well. I was impressed with the size of the shower stalls, as many that I've seen are only the size of a toilet stall. These are easily twice that size, with the front half divided off by a shower curtain to keep your things dry while you shower. Hooks would make a nice addition, though.

All of the sites are pretty private, with plenty of natural vegetation between sites.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kjShrock
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We arrived at North Beach Camp on Saturday, May 5th in the afternoon. We were given the Bonit Circle Loop, site #76. This was a perfect spot. Easy to back into and had lots of mature landscaping for a secluded spot.

Not many people in our loop, many people seemed to be staying for months at a time.

Bathrooms/shower rooms need updating as someone else mentioned. Very old and dated. My complaint was that the shower areas had nowhere to put your stuff, except on a wet, dirty floor!

Alos, we brought our bicycles but could not ride them as the sand on the "streets" is very thick. Unless you have beach bike tires, leave them at home. Also, the sand got into everything!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family