North Beach Camp Resort
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$133
Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$112
Official Site
US$179
US$144
AscendHotels
All reviewsfishing pierbait shopcamp groundacross the streetlive oakstravel trailersandy roadsbasketball courtaunt kate'snice dockshuffle boardreef restaurantbath housenice campshaded sitescamp sites aretree canopy
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stayed here during the Labor Day Weekend with a travel trailer in spot 154 (just 2 spots from the water's edge) First off, let me say that i would definitely come back to this park in the future. Not because it was so great, but because of its location. Not too far from downtown and right on the beach on one side AND a river on the other. It has a nice dock to fish off of and a small "beach" area. I stress small beach! We're talking like, 20-30 feet, if even that much. When I was there, the dock and "beach' area were VERY busy with folks. This is a nice touch from the usual barren campsites I visit. Some seem to just be too damn quiet! Its' nice to hear kids and people just carrying on, as if there were life in the park.
Anyways, the roads are all dirt and yes, I agree with another reviewer that suggested they need more signs to point you in right directions. My girlfriend prefers to use the restroom houses when she can so as to avoid the crampness in the trailer. Well, only because I had the park memorized was I able to tell her where to go for the bathroom, otherwise, it would have been a challenge, since there is no signage pointing you towards it. Also, there is so much brush and greenery, the restroom house doesn't stand out as you'd hope. The park gives you a really good camping feel and it is COMPLETELY dark when the sun sets, which sometimes is a bit unnecessary. Some lighting especially for paths, would be helpful!
As far as the campsite itself, it was very nice, although, the water spickets were leaking all weekend. That was the case with many of the spickets I saw throughout my stay. I only point that out, cause I hate leaky water faucets. The wireless connection was available and worked ALL weekend. This contradicts another reviewers statement about the wireless being unusable. That was not my case. As a matter of fact, remember, if you've seen the layout of the park, my lot number (154) is all the way at the opposite end of the park, than where the office is, and I had a good signal, so there's NOTHING wrong with their access points. I think it was user error on the other person's part.
I can't comment on the bait shop since I didn't use it. I also did NOT use the pool, since I never had time. I was having way too much fun downtown, I couldn't imagine ever needing to set foot inside the pool area. Honestly, that's why I went to St Augustine, for downtown, NOT to use a pool that I could use back home. I don't understand people sometimes. Some people complain about certain things, but isn't the main reason you'd come to a campsite so far from home is to see the sights of the area? Why would you be so concerned if there were a swimming pool? Well,..okay,..maybe if you have kids,...but even if we wanted to use the pool, it was closed by sundown, so it didn't matter anyway, cause we were just getting back to the resort at that time. Personally, the pool at virtually ANY campsite should remain open well into the evening to allow those that get in later in the day, to use those facilities,..but I guess, we're not yet ready for such a major request in the camping community. I mean, we're only 40 yrs old, so there's no need to return from excursions so early in the day. :-)
Anyways, all in all, this park rates very well with me. I mean,..folks, we're not talking about a 5 star hotel here......it's a campsite,....a place to call home for a few hours of the day,....then you're outta there. You should already EXPECT dirt, dust, mosquitoes,.....therefore, chill out with the senseless rantings about how awful this,..or that is! See ya!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jmccluskey
Reviewed 4 April 2013

You have the river on the backside of the campground and public acess to the beach accross the street. All amenties you could want including a nice lobby/library, which we never had the time to enjoy. The restrooms were clean. The laundry room was decent. Yes, lot's of sand all around that will make a mess of your trailer, but you know, it's on the beach, right? Staff was professional and friendly. We would defenitely be back. Great for dogs.

2  Thank Troy G
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This is a wonderful RV Resort that offers an old Florida feel. The park is beautifully wooded with native trees and plants. Most sites have ample privacy provided by the well maintained vegetation. The pool, basketball court and playground doesn't look shiny and new. However, it won't hamper a good time for kids and adults. The ocean across the street from the resort and the river in the backyard will allow for hours of entertainment. The sites of St. Augustine are a short and convenient drive with several restaurants in easy walking distance of the resort. We're hoping to return this summer and stay longer than our first three day trip.

1  Thank Leah T
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We have camped here three years in a row, in March for three weeks. The campsites are large and shady, the staff is helpful and friendly, and the location is Ideal. Atlantic beach across the highway, in front, North river in the back. There are three excellent restaurants within walking distance, Aunt Kate's is casual, old Florida, Cap's is upscale modern seafood, and the Reef is ocean front fine dining, with a fine Sunday brunch. The grounds have a pool, basketball courts, shuffleboard, kids playground, and a very nice club house. Old St Augustine is ten minutes away, but far enough that you aren't bothered by crowds. P.S. Don't tell anybody!

Room Tip: We like the premium pull through sites, near the beach.
2  Thank rusty1014
Reviewed 25 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 weeks and loved it! It is situated on the river side of the road but it has quick and easy access to the beach. There is lots of privacy and huge canopy trees for tons of shade. There are two restaurants on property and we did not get the chance to try them but I heard great things about them both. Non of the sites are paved but from what we experienced they were pretty level. Can't wait to get back here!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business