“the worst ever ,,, i have been better in a $39 motel”

Grande Villas at World Golf Village
GreenLeadersBronze level
palm coast
“the worst ever ,,, i have been better in a $39 motel”
Reviewed 23 March 2008

What a stay ,,, we were supposed to stay for two night but left after the first night,,,, hot water took 20 mins to get to out condo ,,, we were up all night with a a/c unit that sounded like it was coming out of the wall, went to take tour, was told that since we had a complaint that we couldnt tour so we didnt get the trip out on the schooner we were promised,, some of the items that were supposed to be in the room werent there.. we were looking foward to this weekend away since december,,, it was terrible ... I shoule have stayed in a motel down on 16 in st. aur that was $39 a nite ,,,, would have gotten to stay the weekend and had some sleep..... if you are thinking of going here,, look someplace else ,,, I wasnt the only person that had a bad time there were tow other couples leaving upset when i went to check out !!!!!

• Liked — leaving !!
  • Disliked — not sleeping because of the loud a/c unit
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Greensboro
Reviewed 15 December 2007

I booked this thru RCI as an exchange from another BLUE-Green property. (I own 2 from the same company as this property) This is being written on the 15th of dec after checking in on the 14th. It was so bad , I left after one night! Upon arrival, was sent to the "sales dept." to obtain my parking pass. At the time. Joe wanted to book me into a blue green feedback presentation and give me $75. I replied" I will be very upset if this is a sales presentation" His attitude turned rather rude at that time. Upon arriving at our unit, we found pennies on the floor in the bedroom , meaning the unit had not been vacuumed recently. The whirlpool tub in the unit did not work .I inquired about the discount that I would be given to play golf at the courses and found I could book them myself at a lower price. I was told at the front desk on checking out after less than one day, that they farm out their housekeeping. From previous post, I see that I am not the first to deal with the sales staff and their attitude. Most people want a stress free vacation and if they are an exchange, they already own a timeshare and have no need for another one. If the product is very good, then people will ask to buy one and not be pressured by these "modern day used car salesmen".

• Liked — the view in my rear view mirror of this placing getting smaller
  • Disliked — being hit with a sales pitch within 5 minutes of checking in
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nolegolfer
New England
Reviewed 5 December 2007

We stayed at the Grande Villas Dec 1-3, 2007. Check-in was a breeze and the condo was perfect. We were on the 3rd floor of building 6, which had a balcony offering great views of the golf course. The room was immaculate and the grounds were perfection. The pool was large, heated and clean. The Jacuzzi had kind of funky jets that were loud and not fully submerged, so it was quite loud.

There is a grocery store right at the entrance to the grounds and there are plenty of restaurants within a short drive. The staff was helpful and readily available. The rooms are not cleaned daily, nor are the beds made/towels changed out. There is a washer/dryer in the unit and they do provide laundry detergent. There is also a full-sized stove, refrigerator and dishwasher if you opt to cook. There are plenty of BBQ grills around the property.

I would definitely recommend this property if you need a place to stay n St Augustine. We were there to visit family and our only wish is that we had more time to spend around the condo. (Unfortunately, the photos do not do justice as to how nice the rooms really are)

• Liked — spacious clean rooms, nice balcony and convenient location
  • Disliked — no daily maid service and the jacuzzi jets-but LOVED the place, regardless
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank Darlyne J
Kansas City
Reviewed 11 September 2007

We paid an additional charge to stay onsite for the Bluegreen Resort promotion. Our 90 minute presentation was actually over 3 hours; however, it was well worth it. Our 1 br villa overlooked the golf course and the screened-in porch was an added surprise. The Villa was extremely clean, superbly decorated and quite comfortable. We wanted to spend more time on the beach in St Augustine, but our location was so relaxing and enjoyable it was hard to pull ourselves away. We were scheduled to check out on Friday and had actually pre-paid for a room in Jacksonville; however, we enjoyed our stay so much, we ate the cost of that room and stayed an extra day. We'll be going back next year!

• Liked — Cleaniness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MLTKC
Cincinnati
Reviewed 2 September 2007

We enjoyed our weeks stay, the pool especially. They have a
beautiful pool area and nice hot tub. The condo was also very beautiful and met our needs comfortably. The only problem we had was with the housekeeping department. We asked for towels and toilet paper several times and finally had to go get it ourselves.
It's also twenty minutes away from town and farther from the beach.
We did a lot of driving back and forth. This was a Bluegreen stay for us and we went to the review class but did not buy the $14,000
added points they offered. Loved it but probably would stay at the beach next time.

• Liked — pool area
  • Disliked — second floor, housekeeping department slow.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank Dollywilltravel
Charleston
Reviewed 17 August 2007

The grounds and facilities are wonderful. When I called the Grande Villas prior to arrival, I inquired about a possible early check-in. The answer was a flat "no, we have too many check-ins that day" I called again while on I-95. The young man that answered the phone was very polite and positive.

A few days prior to arrival, a nice young lady called our home to try to set us up for the owner update breakfast. I politely declined and indicated that we had upgraded our ownership earlier in 2007. After a smooth check-in, I was sent across the lobby to retrieve the parking pass. I realized the front desk person did not issue the pass so that the sales folks could have a crack at signing us up for their presentation. I again politely declined and told the pushy guy that we did not want to spend any of our time for a presentation during our few days of vacation. His reply "why, you will be here for four days, that is plenty of time for our presentation" If we do not want to attend, then we do not want to attend. When he whipped out his paper to sign us up, I again declined. At that point my husband walked over and was very firm with him....then his whole demeanor changed. Not so friendly after a firm "No thanks". A few days later, the same guy called and asked about attending the presentation. I replied "look, we declined your presentation before arriving and again declined when we received our parking pass" then I hung up on him. I was not going to spend vacation time going around and around with this pushy guy. My husband had never seen me hang up on anyone before. I did not appreciate the strong tactics after declining the opportunity two times.

The pushy salesman tainted our view of the facility. Also, housekeeping was very lacking in the unit. The bedspreads were askew upon arrival and the top sheets were missing. Several kitchen items were missing and parts of the refrigerator were missing. I had to wear shoes to walk on the tile. It was filthy. Carpet seemed new. The large tub looked inviting. Imagine my surprise when I sat in the tub and saw the top of the water full of scum and filth. I immediately jumped out and took a shower. Other folks said their unit was fine, so we probably had a less than thorough housekeeper for our unit.

We would return again, in hopes of having a cleaner unit. One night we used the grill on the premises. That was a nice feature. We enjoyed the Gold Hall of Fame. It is worth seeing. My husband loved the nearby shopping area for his exercise walks. The Caddy Shack offers a very good lunch !!

• Liked — easy parking, grill on the premises
  • Disliked — poor housekeeping
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank catheter
IN
Reviewed 8 August 2007

We were not too happy when we arrived! We had two other adultlls with us and two children. We inspected the place and it was quiet diry. The Villa did not have tissues, soap or a vacuum cleaner, We should not have had to pay for all those points!

The swimming pool was not working and the game room was a joke!
Hope others have a better stay than us!

Connie McKinney

• Liked — Golf, IMAX
  • Disliked — No pool, soap extra towels or sweeper to clean place! Place was dirty when we got there
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family