“Non-Golfer - Still loved it!”

Grande Villas at World Golf Village
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 July 2008

This resort was fantastic. We stayed here on our sampler points package under bluegreen, and we really adored it. The only downfall was that the room was a little musty... it hadn't been used in a while you could tell... and there was some chipping of the tiles and the walls (also there was no DVD player - only a VHS player, lol.) Other than that, it turned out to be a fantastic trip. I'm not a golfer, but I really enjoyed the resort itself (especially the incredibly gorgeous pool!) and outlying St. Augustine. We had the best meal of our lives at "The Reef" in St. Augustine. The view was spectacular (we went at sunset) and the food was to die for. We went to many other places recommended in the literature the front desk provided (with coupons), and we were extremely pleased with every single place we went. I would highly recommend this place to any traveler of any age.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 June 2008

BlueGreen Resorts owns The Grande Villas and I see why!! This place is amazing!! Travelocity called the fully equipped kitchen a "kitchenette". I found that to be humorous when I showed up to find this place like a minature home.

We stayed in the 1 bedroom that slept 6 easy. We stayed in the 3rd building, room 326. They told us beginning in September, that specific building will be degutted and refurbished with appliances, carpet, wall paper and decor. It is 8 years old and BlueGreen Resorts takes care of it's owners. The carpet though, since honesty is a bonus, needs replacing. There were stains!

The spa ran 104 degrees where the pool was crisp, clean and I specifically enjoyed the water fall effect. The pools design was spectacular. Being only 4.5 feet at the deepest with a section for wee-ones, this was the funnest place to be.

The lounge had karoke, a murder solving game and free internet service on their laptops. The staff was pleasant and I will be going back!

For the record....The Grande Villas is NOT inside St. Augustine. It is about 20 minutes away from the beach. A Publix is around the corner, as is a CVS and Ripley's, plus much more, is only a hope away. The Grande Villas is a golf resort: Quiet and relaxing.

Horror part of staying....someone egged my daughter's boyfriends car. There was a clan of beer drinking jerks one flight above us. Due to behavior, I want to point fingers *but* The Grande Villas came to the rescue and washed the car for free, took care of problems and deserve the respect they give.

I LOVE this place!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank RodneyJulie
Reviewed 29 May 2008

We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom villa and although the decor is a bit dated now it was very clean and comfortable and had 2 whirl pool baths. It is run by Blue Green and they never seem to disappoint. It overlooked the Squire and Slammer golf course. We are not golfers but found it a lovely base for seeing the local sites. On site there is a large lake you can walk all around and there are restaurantsand an IMAX theatre as well as The Hall of Fame Golf museum even a Publix supermarket. For informal eating the Caddy Shack was great but for a really good meal try Augustinos lovely Italian restaurant with lovely service large log fire as well as air conditioning! My husband had superb ribeye steak and I had a prawn and pasta dish which was in a superb sauce. All within walking distance which makes a change in Florida.

The IMAX was good saw Rolling Stones and Everest and Colorado river.

St Augustine was beautiful, there is a little road train and for 3 days you can park free and get on and off at 22 stops (about $21), a very interseting commentary too. No high rise, just narrow streets and little shops and restaurants, try the Florida Cracker House or the Lightner restaurant at the lightner museum for lunch. Free transport to beach on Anastasia Island if you use road train. Great fort and an old jail which is very interesting. A week wasn't long enough to see it all. The beach is superb about 50 miles of white sand.

Loved evry minute will go again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank oasislover
Reviewed 28 April 2008

A large, very quiet resort (except for the too loud pool music, intended for 60-something's), with lovely rooms (we had a 2 BR suite) and views. The grocery store was convenient, as was St. Augustine (exit off Route 95 five miles south, then about 5 more miles to downtown). The pool was large, and the basketball and tennis courts were readily available. Little sign of staff anywhere, but we didn't need them. Rude time-share representative at registration, but just tell him you're not interested and he'll go away. Most people seemed on the older side, with a golf-class fashion sense and corresponding fitness level. The 18 hole putting course was fun, as was Caddyshack, the casual restaurant on site. We did not play golf ($160 a round), but hit some balls at the driving range (overpriced at $20). Several things were missing - including food/drink service at pool, good towels - but once you got used to the emptiness and the bite of sulphur in the drinking water, it was a good enough place to stay (2 adults, 2 13 year old boys). Recommend kayaking in St. Mary's, Georgia; the fort in St. A's; strolling around St. A's; the coast north of St. A's, and several par 3 courses, including one on the way to Ponte Verda (alongside a horse farm).

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank HarBea
Reviewed 16 April 2008

We recently returned from a one week stay at the Grande Villas. We had a great time. We stayed in Building 6, which is the newest building. Our condo was nicely decorated & very clean. The only complaints that I have are the water has a weird scent (I found this everywhere in the area - not just at the condos) and we could have used some additional items in the kitchen (dishes & silverware).

Our kids loved the pool. There were always plenty of other children for them to play with. They enjoyed the activities that were planned for kids.

We stayed as part of a time share sampler package & were asked to take a tour of the resort and attend a sales presentation. We did not do this & were never asked again.

I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Semi4
Reviewed 23 March 2008

What a stay ,,, we were supposed to stay for two night but left after the first night,,,, hot water took 20 mins to get to out condo ,,, we were up all night with a a/c unit that sounded like it was coming out of the wall, went to take tour, was told that since we had a complaint that we couldnt tour so we didnt get the trip out on the schooner we were promised,, some of the items that were supposed to be in the room werent there.. we were looking foward to this weekend away since december,,, it was terrible ... I shoule have stayed in a motel down on 16 in st. aur that was $39 a nite ,,,, would have gotten to stay the weekend and had some sleep..... if you are thinking of going here,, look someplace else ,,, I wasnt the only person that had a bad time there were tow other couples leaving upset when i went to check out !!!!!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George S
Reviewed 15 December 2007

I booked this thru RCI as an exchange from another BLUE-Green property. (I own 2 from the same company as this property) This is being written on the 15th of dec after checking in on the 14th. It was so bad , I left after one night! Upon arrival, was sent to the "sales dept." to obtain my parking pass. At the time. Joe wanted to book me into a blue green feedback presentation and give me $75. I replied" I will be very upset if this is a sales presentation" His attitude turned rather rude at that time. Upon arriving at our unit, we found pennies on the floor in the bedroom , meaning the unit had not been vacuumed recently. The whirlpool tub in the unit did not work .I inquired about the discount that I would be given to play golf at the courses and found I could book them myself at a lower price. I was told at the front desk on checking out after less than one day, that they farm out their housekeeping. From previous post, I see that I am not the first to deal with the sales staff and their attitude. Most people want a stress free vacation and if they are an exchange, they already own a timeshare and have no need for another one. If the product is very good, then people will ask to buy one and not be pressured by these "modern day used car salesmen".

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple