“Great Seafood in a Shack on the Marsh by the Matanzas River”

Salt Water Cowboy's
Ranked #138 of 638 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We all had different forms of seafood and everything was cooked just right. We had 9 in the party and all raved about the meal. The one no. Seafood eater had fried chicken and he said it was great. Cheese grits were great. Green beans southern style with hunks of pork, tasty. First time all 9 raved about the food

Write a ReviewReviews (1,295)

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Always consistently good. Great menu choices. Salad and apple vinaigrette is amazing. Always my go to restaurant in St Augustine

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We eat here whenever we are in town. Our server Deandra was fantastic! I got the grilled combo platter which was wonderful. Their cheese grits are 100% southern with lots of cheese and butter. My only con was the limited options for my daughter who has egg, seafood, shellfish, tree but and peanut allergies. She ended up with a burger. That seems to be common at the beach though. We can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

This place looks like it would be a fantastic place to eat. Rustic, cute, older looking place off the beaten path. Four of us went in to eat dinner, granted it was late, but they were open for another hour. Out of the four of us, one person liked they're food. The other three took it with them and it all ended up in the trash. My husband footed the $150 bill and was not at all happy. My crawfish étouffée sauce tasted like spaghetti sauce. The bread they brought to the table was hard. And that was the best thing to eat. My friends fried oysters were undercooked and mushy. She had to send them back. Don't waste your time. Go ANYWHERE else!

1  Thank shadieplace
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Went with my wife for dinner last May while on vacation. We used to live in st augustine and this was a regular destination. Looked forward to some fresh oysters but they were out of them. They had fried oysters on the menu but we're out of them also. I ended ordering fried farm raised catfish which was very good. I realize that this is not their fault as there is a shortage of all seafood . We were there for two weeks and snapper and grouper were extremely scarce.