“The Daily Specials didn't live up to the restaurant's reputation”
Review of La Pentola

La Pentola
Reserve with OpenTable
La Pentola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 610 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This restaurant had been recommended to us by several people, so we were looking forward to our dinner there. It was a hot evening when we ate there and there were very few people. They have a nice outdoor area, but we elected to eat inside.
The service was good and when our wait person described their daily specials, we chose a couple of them. That was a mistake and we were both disappointed. My seafood crepes had too much Kale in them, I would have preferred more seafood. After I pulled out a lot of the Kale there wasn't much left. My husband had the fish of the day in a special sauce. He said the fish was tough or old but the sauce had a nice flavor.
We will try this restaurant again, but will order off the regular menu.

1  Thank rmhnow

Reviewed 9 July 2014

A chef friend of mine recommended I try this place. Thank goodness he did because I would have never walked to this section of town to find it on my own. I don't often give excellent reviews to restaurants because I'm very picky but wow, the food quality and preparation was amazing. I had the seafood quiche but honestly I don't think it would have mattered what I ordered as the other guests in our party all thought their food was amazing as well. The courtyard atmosphere was a nice bonus.

1  Thank Saba_9
Reviewed 2 July 2014

A person who worked at our B & B recommended La Pentola for dinner. We absolutely loved it! Most restaurants in St. Augustine have eating areas outside as well as inside and this restaurant offered that, too. It was filled with ambiance and charm. The food was wonderful and they have a special "B & B" menu that fit our appetite and budget. Will visit again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I literally stumbled across this restaurant while walking some of the side streets of St Augustine. There was a hostess and host standing outside handing out little menu's to their establishment and we stopped to chat. We already had reservations to another restaurant that night, but decided to go back another night and give it a try. They remembered us when we went back....which was nice. We sat inside, since it was a rather warm evening and were glad we did. The inside is not all that large, but it was very comfortable...and cool. Nice white tablecloths gave you the feeling that they really took pride in their restaurant. We sat next to another couple who had just finished their meals and they could not say enough nice things about it. My husband ordered the Snapper dinner along with the bisque soup and I ordered the Pomodoro with Shrimp, along with a salad. We both fully enjoyed our meals, but I have to tell you....the Bisque Soup was incredible! He ended up having to share his with me! The service was also incredible. They made us feel very special that evening. It was decided that La Pentola will be visited again by us, on our next trip down to St Augustine. This was a special find! We are so glad that we stopped to talk that first night. :)

1  Thank gldnpupper27
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The food and ambiance was amazing. Our server was very attentive. Definitely recommend for anyone looking for a nice romantic meal.