“Good food, average service, high gratuity added to bill”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Athena Restaurant

Athena Restaurant
Ranked #98 of 579 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good food, average service, high gratuity added to bill”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The food was good with fair pricing. The service was average not bad not great. But they added 20% gratuity to the bill for a "large" party. This is the only place I have been where 5 people is considered a large party.

Port St. Lucie, Florida
“Solid Greek Food”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

A newly redecorated restaurant with a superlative wait staff served us an excellent Greek salad. Following that we enjoyed a baked moussaka and a very good chicken gyro. The Greek coffee that followed was strong and tasty as we shared a strawberry cheese cake.

Stockport Uk
“Average”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Has the owner ever been to Greece and had a Greek salad?,2 small tomatoes,2 olives,no onion,lots of lettuce,not like any salad I've ever had in Greece.My wife had moussaka which was good. Service average,never enquired if we were enjoying our food. Room for improvement

1 Thank malcno
Jacksonville, Florida
“Ate here by recommendation and glad we tried it!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We ate at this location by way of recommendation from someone who lived in St. Augustine. The restaurant was clean, the staff was very attentive, friendly and helpful as we were trying to figure out what main meal we wanted. Considering the location, the prices were reasonable. The appetizer, saganaki (flaming goat cheese), was quite an experience and very tasty...which I was very surprised that I enjoyed it as I have never been a fan of goat cheese! The meal I had was the moussaka, which was very filling and flavorful. For dessert, I tried the baklava cheesecake which was good. Next time I am in the area and in the mood for Greek food, I would definitely return!

Bridge City, Texas
“First time for REAL Greek dining”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Couldn't wait to try the fresh hummus and home made pita's. It was all amazing. My husband had a club wrap. Delicious and fresh.