Hotel is located about 2 miles from downtown, so it's quite a walk. Whilst the lobby was recently modernized, the rooms definitely were not. And that smell... The whole building seems to have absorbed Florida's humidity. The A/C is ok but noisy. And those TVs... There is simply no excuse; one can get LCD-TV's for 100 USD. Internet is available but slow; and there where not that many guests in the hotel. Staff was very friendly though.
There is a very nice and newly modernized Motel nearby, right across the street (the cozy inn). I really don't know anything about it (and didn't read the reviews here); but we would have loved to stay over there and not in our "green house odorous" room.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Augustine Downtown Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites St. Augustine Downtown Dist Hotel Saint Augustine
- Country Inn And Suites St. Augustine Downtown Dist
- Country Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Country Inn
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Augustine Downtown Historic District Florida