I had spent a week trying to determine where we wanted to stay to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and finally found out that we were coming in to town during Octoberfest and hotels were booking fast. After a lot of searching I selected Country Inn & Suites because of its previous review, location, and due to my personal opinion of their pricing being moderate and not "too cheap" for fear of a bad experience, and/or "too pricey" for fear of breaking the bank. With that said, we paid $205 a night and stayed for 2 nights. The location wasn't bad, not super close to the historic part of town, approximately 2 miles away from it, but all in all, not too bad. However, when we first walked in to the room, we were immediately hit with a musky and moldy smell. The carpet was pulling away from the tile around the jacuzzi tub in the room (which we never used out of fear of cleanliness) exposing the tac strip, and the bath/shower was rusty, including the metal filter on the hairdryer. We immediately got onto our computers and contemplated finding another place and fighting for our money back, however we were stuck due to no other availability. We were happy with the free breakfast, and the hard working man who helped to maintain the food and cleanliness every morning, however, that was the only pleasant part of our stay. On the day of check out after breakfast we returned to our room to pack up and relax before leaving, only to have a younger blonde woman house keeper walk into our room without knocking. She immediately shut the door and walked out without saying anything???? I went to the hall to find out what she needed, and she was at the door across from ours, and only turned her head back for a 1/2 second to say (sorry...I need nothing) and walk into that room??? We were ready to leave, so I didn't ruin her day by complaining, and we quickly left (knowing I would be writing this tonight- we checked out this morning 10/21/12). We truly loved our time in Saint Augustine and will definitely go back, however, next time, we'll spend more and stay at a bed and breakfast and/or another hotel. We highly recommend: La Pentola for dinner as it was an amazing restaurant. Eat in the courtyard...it's beautiful!!!!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Augustine Downtown Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites St. Augustine Downtown Dist Hotel Saint Augustine
- Country Inn And Suites St. Augustine Downtown Dist
- Country Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Country Inn
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Augustine Downtown Historic District Florida