All reviews historic district room was clean front desk clerk red train pool and hot tub fountain of youth minute drive otto augustine attractions trolley
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our two-day getaway. We wanted to see everything we could in St. Augustine without being too far away and having to travel a great distance. The hotel is in the perfect location. At the edge of downtown where you can catch a trolley, shuttle or even walk to some of the attractions. The staff was very helpful in helping us arrange transportation and very knowledgeable about the sites, tours and food in the area . The room was clean, comfortable, quiet and very reasonably priced. We will definitely make our reservations there when we go back this summer.

Room Tip: I would not book a room at the end of the hallway.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Very pleasantly surprised. Room was clean and very spacious. Especially appreciated since we had two large suitcases we were living out of. Breakfast was good. Staff was excellent. Spent two nights with a tour group. Heard nothing but favorable comments from our other travelers.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank raytvl2
Reviewed 10 January 2013

This hotel was much better than the other reviews led us to believe. The rooms were up to the usual CI&S standard - clean, spacious and in good decorative order. Breakfast was also good with hot food and a range of cereals etc. We had to wait for a table since the hotel was busy but it was only a few minutes. They could have done with more than one man to service the breakfast room - he seemed to be run off his feet. The location was reasonable but too far to walk to the historic district without wasting part of our time in St Augustine with a boring 25 minute walk. Downtown parking is moderately expensive. Some hotel reviews in St Augustine complain about nearby railway noise - this hotel does not suffer from this, it was very quiet overnight. We would recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Barry P
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Our first room was so musty we couldn't stand the smell, the sheets were dirty, had body hair on the sheets. You could tell that the sheets had not been changed. My husband went down to the front desk and her answer was to upgrade us to a suite. That's ok with us!
Second room the sheets were clean and the room smelled much better. The next morning when i was in the bathroom cleaning up I noticed the air vent in the bathroom was filthy, full of old lint and dirt, the walls looked like they had pulled the wallpaper off and painted and parts were buckling, there were rust marks on the wall and the bathtub was dirty from not being scrubbed. The also was pink soap scum built up in the corners of the tub.
We stay in lots of hotels and this rate up there with one of the worst we have stayed in.

I emailed corporate and they passed my concerns to the hotel management, I got the same form response that you see here on this site. I will be sending my picture to the corporate office so they can see for themselves what we paid for. This is not your typical Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Appraisalgirl527
Carlson Hotels C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Radisson, St. Augustine Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2013

To Whom It May Concern,

I am sorry that you have concerns about your experience at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, St. Augustine hotel. Although it is never pleasant to hear when a guest is not satisfied with his or her experience, we do need to be aware of these situations.

Our goal is to make the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, St. Augustine hotel the choice for our guests while away from home. I will be sharing your comments with the hotel staff during our upcoming meeting as a learning tool to help us improve our performance and provide exceptional service to our guests. We want to be able to provide our guests with the best service possible, and feedback from our guests helps us to achieve that goal.

I want to thank you for taking the time to contact us because your input is valuable to us. We hope we will have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Silvie Mcdowell
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, St. Augustine, FL

Reviewed 4 January 2013

For the price I believe this to be a decent value for money hotel.
We could have stayed further into town - but at what price!
Found the general housekeeping generally good.
The receptionist was more than helpful as we looked at 3 rooms before deciding on what room was good for us.
Very good breakfast choice - and excellent server, Otto who was very attentive, welcoming and friendly to guests.
Only observation we had was that at times the small breakfasting area could not cope and some guests had to wait a while until a table became available.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor room at rear of hotel if a light sleeper like me
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple