US$140
US$130
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$108
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$98
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

US$109
Bayfront Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$159
Penny Farthing Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$150
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$137
Castillo Real An Ascend Hotel Collection Member(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$150
AscendHotels
Jaybird's Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$109
US$106
US$277
US$253
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewshistoric districtroom was cleanfront desk clerkred trainpool and hot tubfountain of youthminute driveottoaugustinetrolleyattractions
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed here on March 15 for one night. There was really nothing wrong with the hotel...just average. We paid around $140 for a Friday night and, I guess it was spring break time. We thought that was way overpriced but it was less than some of the others. It was clean. There was ample parking in the back where some of the other hotels did not have very good parking.

It is NOT really in walking distance of the downtown. It could be done...but it is around 2 miles or so. The parking in Downtown area is horrible. The parking ramp is a flat $10 fee.

We did enjoy St. Augustine and the Fort. Might stay here again but would check out other places.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed on 3/16/13 at this hotel. The reception area was clean, that is where it stopped. Upon pulling down the duvet I noticed that the bed looked as if someone had slept in it. It didn't take close examining to notice black pubic hair all over the bottom sheet...Unforgivable! Went down to the desk to ask if someone could put clean sheets on our bed. Instead of an apology we got nasty looks from the desk staff. The room is very shabby and dirty. The beds were very uncomfortable. The blanket was also too dirty to use. Air conditioner/heater sounded like a helicopter.

On a positive note... the breakfast was very good and the breakfast attendant was very friendly and efficient. He was the only one that received a tip from us.

I know this is a tourist area hotel but that is not an excuse for very dirty, smelly, rooms.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel!
2  Thank chneely
Silvie M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Radisson, St. Augustine Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Date 03/25/13

Country Inns & Suites
231 San Marco Ave
St Augustine, FL.32084

To Whom It May Concern,

I am sorry that you have concerns about your experience at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, St. Augustine hotel. Although it is never pleasant to hear when a guest is not satisfied with his or her experience, we do need to be aware of these situations.

Our goal is to make the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, St. Augustine hotel the choice for our guests while away from home. I will be sharing your comments with the hotel staff during our upcoming meeting as a learning tool to help us improve our performance and provide exceptional service to our guests. We want to be able to provide our guests with the best service possible, and feedback from our guests helps us to achieve that goal.

I want to thank you for taking the time to contact us because your input is valuable to us. We hope we will have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Silvie Mcdowell
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, St. Augustine, FL

Reviewed 16 March 2013

If you are looking for bells and whistles, then you will not find it here. Upon check-in, we were not greeted by the warmth of staff nor the freshly baked cookies which was advertised. Everything was fine in the room, no smells, average cleanliness that you would expect of any hotel. My biggest concern was the water in the bathroom. I didn't notice that that the water was very warm when washing my hands so I called the front desk. I was told that "yes, there has been a problem with that" and "you need to let the water run for 4-5min before it gets hot". After following these directions, we were able to have hot water, which to me, is kinda a necessity. Apparently others have commented about this same issue so I hope they take the time to fix it!
My only other hiccup is a comment more for the ladies, do not try to flush any feminine products in the toilet as you would normally everywhere else. It resulted in an early morning trip for my husband to find a plunger! So yes, considering these things I would have to rate my stay average. The hotel was quiet and the beds were decent so we were able to get a good night's rest. We found that the location was great, away just far enough from the hustle and bustle, but close enough to drive 5 min and be in the center of all the action.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This hotel is a couple miles from the historic district - just out of the hustle and bustle of downtown. After reading all of the bad reviews I was a little skeptical, but the hotel was much better than I expected. It's nothing fancy, but it's a great for the price. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The room I stayed in was a decent size, clean and did not have any smells like I read in some other reviews. I stay in St. Augustine multiple times a year for business and I will definitely come back here next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2013

For me, hotels don't have to be fancy to receive high marks, and this hotel has been above average on both occasions that we've stayed here. The front desk is efficient, and helpful with ready advice on places to eat and things to do. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the hotel is in a great location within walking distance of downtown St. Augustine, the Fountain of Youth and the fort. The breakfast is ok, I'm on a wheat free diet, but generally there are eggs available that I can eat, I just rarely make it down there in time LOL.
I think it took us maybe 25 minutes to walk downtown which worked out great since we worked off some calories before heading over to our favorite spot, the Floridian-yum!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business