and 1 more site!
Ranked #39 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
Tallahassee, Florida
“Pricey but worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2006

Orignally we booked at another hotel in Saint Augustine but decided to move due to the condition of the hotel. When we arrived we were quoted a rate of 139 for a room with 1 king bed but decided to leave. After visiting a few other hotels we went back and were told the room was now not available but a suite for 169 was. We decided to take it since all the other hotels were either more or booked. The room was clean and big. Located right next the bed was a hot tub however, we did not use it due to the fact that I worked in a hotel and know how often they are cleaned. The breakfast selection was wonderful and had a lot to offer.

• Liked — Breaskfast bar
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — go during the week the rates are cheaper
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cuddlebearsgirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Knoxville, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2006

My husband and I stayed here recently. The outside of the hotel looks new and well maintained and the lobby is homey and inviting and the staff members are very nice. The room was not as nice as expected. It was dark and had a slight musty, moldy smell, which was strange because the lobby and hallways smelled very clean and fresh. The room was clean and comfortable, but just not as nice as expected for a newer hotel. It is nicer than most of the other hotels in the area though, but it is not very convenient to the historic district. The free breakfast is better than some places with quite a bit to offer. The pool is somewhat small and was always packed during our stay, but it was to be expected over 4th of July weekend. Overall, it was fine for the few days we were there.

• Stayed July 2006
1 Thank dayzeehaze
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2006

After reading some of these reviews, I had to make a comment. I stayed three nights during race weekend. I found a very clean room, friendly staff. Everyone at the front desk was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean, variety of breakfast to choose from. On my next visit I plan on being at Country Inn and Suites on San Marco.

Stayed February 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pensacola, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2006

This Hotel was one of the best I have stayed in in the St. Augustine area. If you are going to St. Augustine for the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind it is right next door. Rooms were nice and the pool is small but good. I like this place...Need to stay here!

• Stayed May 2005
2 Thank Scott32514
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2006

I was a little leary of booking here since I had never heard of this chain. Well I am glad that we did. The Hotel was spotless. When we checked in they had us on the 3rd floor and I asked if we could have the first floor and she said no problem. The room was clean and the only complaint I would have is that the walls are paper thin and I heard the women talking in the next room clear as day. The breakfast in the morning is nice and always kept stocked. Overall I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2006
4 Thank Mich72Florida
St. Petersburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2005

We recently stayed at the Country Inn & Suites, St. Augustine, Downtown District.

When we booked our reservation, I was under the impression that the hotel was within walking distance to everything. Please note that this hotel is NOT in the "historic district" but rather in the "downtown district" which makes a big difference. You will have to drive/find parking if you want to do some shopping on St. George Street and visit the Fort, etc. Overall, though, the hotel was a fine accommodation.

• Stayed December 2005
8 Thank maureen9848
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2005

After reading the reviews about the Country Inn & Suites I didn't see how my family could go wrong booking a two-night stay there for a quick visit to St. Augustine. The initial impression is nice - the exterior of the property looks new and well-kept and the lobby is cute and inviting (the cookies are yummy). The staff that we dealt with at check-in were friendly and helpful. Then we got to the room, which had just been finished by the housekeeping staff. Unfortunately, our visit goes downhill from here. The carpet had a wet/damp feeling and there were traces of mildew along the edge of the wall/ceiling (the A/C was turned to "fan only" when we arrived in the room - common to save energy, but not a wise decision in the Florida humidity). The bathroom floor looked dirty (it needed a good mopping) and the amenities within the bathroom were sparse (one small tube of shampoo and lotion, both of which had the seal broken as if they had already been opened). There were stains on the desk chair and just a general feeling of "unclean". I awoke this morning to find a small bug (flea-size) crawling on my daughter's pillow. We immediately checked-out. I'm glad that there have been positive reviews of this property, as it certainly has potential. Unfortunately, our next visit to St. Augustine will not include the Country Inn and Suites by Carlson.

• Stayed October 2005