“Lovely place”

Peace and Plenty Inn
Ranked #14 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 November 2010

My fiancé and I thought the Peace & Plenty was a lovely charming place. A great location in a quiet street, yet very close to the centre of St Augustine.
We stayed in the Harmony room on the ground floor. We enjoyed the whole room, especially the Jacuzzi and the painting on the wall. Complimentary wine and beer was enjoyed in the garden, where we were accompanied by the house car, Starsky!
I slightly misunderstood breakfast, expecting to get a little more than the light waffle. I should have filled up on the fruit and cereal as I felt hungry a couple of hours later, but overall would highly recommend this place when staying in St Augustine, a place we really liked, if only it had been ever so slightly more lively, as we visited on a Monday and a few bars / restaurants were shut.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Peace and Plenty Inn

Reviewed 14 October 2010

Peace and Plenty provides a relaxing and gracious B&B experience. Rooms are very attractive, breakfasts are delicious, ambience is charming. You are made to feel welcome the minute you step inside. The location is convenient to all attractions. Peace and Plenty was a lovely enhancement to our St. Augustine visit.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We were very happy with the facility and with Glenna. Our room was excellent and had everything that we needed. The extra room as a sitting area was great to have. Bath room was roomy and plenty of hot water. Breakfast was good and the evening wine and snack was welcomed. We were pleasantly surprised with the accomodations for the cost of the room and will definitely stay there again when in St Augustine.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This was our first B & B experience, we found it a perfect change of pace. The home exceeded it's beauty in the pictures, we stayed in the Tranquility suite with the private balcony, which was perfect. The breafasts and deserts were delicious and Glenna was a most charming and gracious host. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2010

The location of this Bed and Breakfast is about the only thing it has going for it. There are other Bed and Breakfasts on this same street that I will certainly try next time. The room was ok as far as sleeping and showering. I did find a t shirt left from a previous guest on the floor under a chair. I guess that meant the floor had not been vacuumed before i arrived. I threw it in the trash and it stayed there the 3 days i was there. There was a dead snake in the drive the first morning I was there and I thought for sure it would be removed. It stayed there and was actually smelling by the time I left for home. I know snakes are common but was a bit creeped out when going to my room in the carriage house in the dark since there was no lighting. I thought the breakfasts were not up to Bed and Breakfasts' standards.The coffee I could not even drink. I ended up purchasing breakfast and coffee elsewhere!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank oberle
peaceandplentyinn, Owner at Peace and Plenty Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2010

Thank you for writing this helpful review. We strive to achieve very high standards and appreciate being told when we have fallen short.

The shirt should not have been initially overlooked by the housekeeper when vacuuming but once the new guest put it in the trash, the housekeeper would have assumed that it belonged to the new guest and was discarded in error. So there the shirt remained due to missed communication.

The unfortunate foot long gardener snake apparently was run over by a car in the driveway. Since not very large, he went unnoticed by the staff. The snake was disposed of immediately when he came to the staff's attention.

The entire Inn and carriage house are lit every evening with over 300 lights. They are on a timer that goes on 20 minutes before dusk and off at 1AM. The lights keep the driveway, yard and garden area very bright as well.

The chef offers a variety of foods for every breakfast: Flavored and regular coffees, assortment of teas, two types of fruit juice, yogurts, cereals, fresh fruits, and hot entree. A typical entree would be Belgian waffles and sausage or quiche, puff pastry and bacon. The Inn offers complimentary beer, wine, bottled water and soft drinks at all times in the parlor. At 6PM, complimentary cake, sherry and port are available in the parlor.

It is disappointing to know we did not meet your expectations and we will turn our attention to these issues in the hope of improving. We want all our guests to enjoy their experience at the Inn and return for years to come.
Best Regards,
Glenna Terrell
Innkeeper

Reviewed 25 August 2010

This is an awesome find, just around the corner from Flagler College. It's cute and the hostess/owner, Glenna, is wonderful. She is a valuable resource of places to go and makes the best crepes!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We stayed here recently for the first part of our much needed, and much anticipated vacation. We chose this particular B&B due to the reviews here on TA, and because of the great location. We are pretty laid back travelers and have stayed in a variety of places that range from budget motels to luxury properties. That being said, we are not picky but we do expect the quality and service to be on par with what we are paying. This review is long, but thorough, because I base a lot on the reviews that I read on here when I am looking for a place to stay, sight see, etc... so I apologize for the length of the review in advance. Here goes:

The Owner: She was nice and gave us a map and suggestions for where to have dinner when we checked in. The only thing that we found a bit odd was that she had already charged our credit card when we got there and we were checking in during regular hours, not late check-in.

The House: Meh. I've seen better and I've seen worse. Had that old house smell...but it's an old house. There is a tent outside for smokers. As I said before, the location is great in relation to the historic attractions, everything is within reasonable walking distance if you are able-bodied and fairly active.

The Room: We stayed in the Prosperity Suite. The room is spacious and has a small sitting area, the bed is comfortable, there is a nice view of Flagler College from the window. There are books and city guides in the room; there is an electric fireplace. The room was in need of some TLC, the carpet needs cleaning, there was paint peeling on the walls, and it looks as if someone started painting the trim and just stopped halfway through the job...it is 2 different colors. Also, the decor didn't really make sense and there were a bunch of creepy dolls in the room.

The Bathroom: Larger than expected, has a shower/jetted tub combo, a closet with robes (not great), and room to hang your clothes. Didn't notice until after we used the tub that there was mildew and mold on it. Also there is a vent in that bathroom that is rusted and mildewed and needs to be replaced. There was a hairdryer and the standard shampoo and lotion in the room, as well as q-tips and cotton squares, but the worst thing about the bathroom was the toilet paper. It was atrociously thin! Also, for those who may be sensitive to having their privacy...it should be noted that the bathroom wall where the door is located doesn't go all the way to the ceiling, it stops about 2 feet before.

The Food: We only had breakfast once during our stay. It was really bad. Rubbery microwaved egg dish with sausages and fruit. Yes, there was cereal and yogurt available but, if you are paying for the experience of staying in a B&B, the breakfast should be amazing. I will admit I am a bit of a foodie but my spouse is not picky at all and couldn't eat it. After reading all the reviews about how everyone was so impressed with the breakfast and referring to it as "the best breakfast I have ever had", we were just shocked at how bad it was! The coffee was even bad...we were again, shocked. The mini fridge in the parlor had soda (coke and diet coke), water (store brand), wine (red and white, decanted) and beer (Bud and Miller, but no imports as stated in previous reviews). The sweets and port and sherry left out in the evening is a nice touch and were not bad, but I have my doubts about them being homemade, as previous reviews had mentioned.

Misc.: The parking is great and you don't need your car unless you are venturing out toward the beaches. The housekeeping was ok. There was a small boy (about 3 yrs old) meandering about the property while we were there, and thought that was odd but determined that he was the housekeeper's son? He wasn't a bother but it was odd nonetheless.

Overall the place is just ok. I certainly expected a lot more due to the reviews. It just seemed like there was nothing special about the property really, other than the location. It wasn't the worst place we've ever stayed but we would not be inclined to stay here again. We were expecting much more attention to detail, and just wondering why our experience with regard to the food was so much different from other posters?

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
peaceandplentyinn, Owner at Peace and Plenty Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2010

We really appreciate all the time and effort put into this review. It is our constant focus to maintain excellent standards. We will address each point . Thank you again for your comments.