“Great location, needs updating”

Regency Inn & Suites
Ranked #56 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 17 March 2009

The hotel, located on St. Augustine Beach (Anastasia Island), is right across the road from the pier, which has beach access. Easy and quick walk to the beach, pier, and restaurants. Our king room was clean and spacious, including a small loveseat and table. Hotel needs updating - bed linens and furniture were dated, and the showerhead needs to be replaced. Free wireless access in the lobby only and a heated indoor pool.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 December 2008

Decent hotel for the price. Pier with fishing supplies is right across the street. The Beach Blast Off New Years event is held there this year. Hotel was $60 and I wouldnt pay any more for the average quality. Was a little dirty overall and lots of kids running around but it is cheap and has a great location. Room had a microwave and large mini fridge. Quick drive to downtown. Free cold breakfast in the mornings. Gas station next door. Indoor pool. Construction on Lion Bridge right now and it's completely torn down so don't expect to see it.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2008

Again the little green Room Saver books came in helpful here, a nice little place to stay. Good rooms, large, clean and well located.

Beach is a short distance away with a couple of really nice bars and places to eat, including the 25 cent 1/2 pints of beer. Can't go wrong!

Breakfast was good and included in the price as well!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2008

My husband and I went to Saint Augustine this past weekend and our stay at the Regency was great. No complaints here. It was close to everything. The room was very clean, the front desk very friendly and helpful and the price was reasonable. It is right across the street from the beach (very short walk). We will be staying there again on our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2008

I have stayed at this hotel for the past three years. I do so because I use "RoomSaver" coupons and get the rooms for about $55.00.
The staff (family run I believe) are always courteous and helpful with any problems - or advice on restaurants etc.

TIP: Get a top-floor room. They are used far less and appear much newer. I get rooms on the south side of building.
Breakfast is adequate, but nothing special.

BEST part about the property is it's right across the street from St. Augustine pier and the beautiful beach !!
For the $$$ you can't go wrong. This hotel is typical of a "Super 8 hotel" or Days Inn. Enjoy.

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank Blazer_Guy
Reviewed 15 January 2008

I just returned from my visit to St. Augustine, Florida and stayed at this hotel. I found the staff extremely pleasant, more than willing to assist with area attractions, they presented us with discounts for dining and entertainment. We had a clean room equipped with microwave, refrigerator and coffeemaker and blow dryer. Each morning the staff had a delightful continental breakfast ready by 6am for us early risers! I used the laundry room to wash my laundry before checking out to return home. The washer and dryer more than suited my needs. It is very close to the beach. It is a comfortable, clean, relaxing hotel - not elegant - but I wasn't looking for elegance! I just wanted a friendly, clean hotel with good service! There was an indoor pool but I spent so much time touring the area that I didn't get to use it. This 2 floor hotel has ample parking convenient to your room. I would recommend this hotel and intend to visit it again when I am staying in Florida. My compliments to management for their choice of friendly, polite, courteous staff!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2007

We had a wedding to attend in the vicinity and we had chosen this hotel because it was fairly close 8 minute drive to the attractions in the historic district and supposibly 2 blks to the beach (right across the street). We didn't plan to really use the beach but we wanted the option of visiting the beach at night for a nightcap walk. As it turned out the beach acess was 10 blks down and the pier across the street was 50 cents a person per time. No big deal, but not as advertised. Surfers were out enjoying the waves.
The hotel is basic but ok. We had a toilet issue. We borrowed a plunger from the front desk was our remedy. We found a quaint little restaurant named Wildflower Cafe on A1A leave the the hotel make a right follow to A1A make a left its on your left. great breakfast. Dinner menu looked wonderful also. try to the pecan pancakes.
We toured the town. Climbed the lighthouse all 219 steps!
The ghost tours ( Graveyards are not really toured) are a waste of money. We were so mad at ourselves @ 24$ a person x4 we could have done the horse carriage instead. Will do that next time. The churches are so beautiful as is the FLager College.
We missed doing the fort and the Beautiful Bridge of Lions was under repair rennovation, they had a temporary bridge up in place of.
Lots of interesting shops to visit. Next time we will stay in town at a B&B or other hotel as the parking in the historic area is difficult.
Meters are for 2 hours only. The parking garage even fills up at 1.25 hour. We were able to park Friday evening for 6$ in a private lot but they parked us were we were scared someone would side swipe the car. I just dont think the beach stay is needed if you are going to be touring the city everyday. The parking is the main issue.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple