I have stayed at this hotel several times. It is a clean refurbished hotel on the edge of the historic district on San Marco Ave. It is a short walk/bike ride to shopping area and restaurants.
We have stayed in both the standard room with 2 Queen beds, as well as, the King bed with whirlpool in the room. The beds are comfortable. Whirlpool tub was clean and relaxing after walking around all day! There is a small refrigerator with freeer, a microwave and coffee maker in each room.
There is a free breakfast each morning. It is a typical hotel breakfast with a mix of hot and cold items. Again, there was nothing special but it was nice to have to grab a quick breakfast.
The swimming pool was small but adequate. There has never been more than a few people in the pool when we've stayed. The pool is clean. There are a few lounge chairs, as well as, table with chairs and umbrella.
On our most recent stay, there was a problem with the room keys. Each day when we returned to the room, our keys would not open the door until we took them to the front desk to be reset. When I questioned the front desk staff about the problem, they indicated they were aware of the problem and were working to resolve the issue. It would have been more professional if they had handled the problem more proactively rather than waiting for guests to get to the room and then have to return to the front desk.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Comfort Suites Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Downtown Hotel Saint Augustine
- Downtown Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Downtown St. Augustine, Florida