“Beautiful!!!”

Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront
Ranked #14 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 June 2012

This hotel is awesome! We loved staying here. The hotel had an awesome history to it. The pool was the perfect size for the hotel. The restaurant inside was delicious and gorgeous! We really enjoyed this place. Oh, and Patti McRoberts was the nicest, sweetest woman I have ever met! She really an awesome employee and made our stay so enjoyable!

Loved this hotel so so much!

Room Tip: Any room is beautiful! They are all just wonderful!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cricket060712
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for your kind compliments. I appreciate your citing Patti's service as she is one of our very bestt guesr service providers. We will look forward tohaving you as a return guest.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,841)

Reviewed 10 June 2012

I stayed at the Hilton for a girls weekend. We paid extra to have a balcony and we did have a beautiful view of the water. The location to shopping and resturants was excellent. I appreciated the valet parking since there is not much parking downtown.
The room was comfortable and clean if a little tired in decor. I did not care for the low flow shower head. The stream of water was so weak it was hard to rinse my hair. I did appreciate the excellent bed and slept well.
The staff at check in was helpful and cheerful. I realize that St. Augustine has a strong Spanish influence but I found the lobby very dark. I did not eat at the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in front facing the bay are a nice splurge
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2012

In May of this year (2012) I stayed three nights at the Hilton St. Augustine Bayfront hotel. I paid a tad extra to have a bayfront room and believe me it was worth every penny. The room was nicely done and very comfortable with a balconey that overlooked Matanzas Bay and the Bidge of Lions. The horse carriages waited for their rides just across the street so you could hear the horse hooves as they clopped down the street. St. George Street is about two blocks behind the hotel, and to reach Castillo de San Marcos (the fort) just cross the street and walk along the water about the distance of 2 or 3 short blocks. I took the Old Town Trolley on the last day of visit only to find out that in St. Augustine the price of the ticket gives you three days on the trolley. Had I known that earlier I would have bought the ticket on my first day - but I am a walker so until it started to rain heavily I enjoyed the walking. The trolley also provides a free connection to a shuttle bus that will take you over to the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Alligator Farm.

Back to the hotel - - There is a charge for valet parking but once you give them the car there is really no need to see it again (unless you want to get something out) until you leave. The hotel restaurant is small and I only ate there one time. As a picky vegetarian I found it difficult not only at the hotel but in the city itself to find a lot of vegetarian choices - but I'm sort of used to that now. The service at the hotel was very friendly and helpful from the valet, to the front desk and the room attendant. The only improvement I would make would be to the balconey which in the section I stayed in I shared with one other room. There is about a 3 or 4 foot high railing to separate the two balconey areas - I would prefer a trellis that perhaps went from top to bottom to provide a bit more privacy. Other than that you will love sitting out there at all hours of the day and night. The sunrise is spectacular and at night it's nice to just watch the lights reflect off the bridge.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor bayfront room. You will hear the trolley tour drivers during the day (they stop...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank TooLittleTime65
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stay with a group annually at the Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront. My experience there is also more than what I expect - rooms are always immaculate, service is above and beyond and the breakfast buffet is fantastic. I would also strongly suggest to anyone staying in the St. Augustine area to reserve one night for dinner at Aviles in the hotel - I look forward to that dinner each year!

As a previous resident of St. Augustine, I enjoy the property location as I can walk throughout the entire downtown without needing a car. The view of the bay from the property is beautiful!

2  Thank Katie C
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We hold our business retreat annually at this great hotel, and I actually come back with my wife on seperate occasions for a romantic get-a-way. Centrally located to everything, we are able to explore and enjoy the entire city on foot. Top to bottom it is an excellent property and a great value!

Room Tip: For your romantic escapes request a room with a garden jacuzzi tub. It makes for a great end to the...
1  Thank Releverock
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Hilton always seems to get it right, but this time the Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront really impressed me. The staff is friendly, helpful and very engaging. They not only made my family feel welcome, but helped make our stay in St. Augustine a very happy experience.
The rooms at this hotel are delightfully old world in decor with views that are incredible. There are common area balconies (nice touch if you don't happen to get a room that has one) overlooking the bay. The hotel's restaurant and bar offered some of the best food we had during our stay and once again, the staff was courteous and accommodating.
The hotel is perfectly located walking distance to all of the charming stores, outdoor cafes and local area attractions. As someone who travels frequently both for business and pleasure, I would recommend the Hilton Historic Bayfront to anyone visiting St. Augustine for business (check out their meeting rooms!) or pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank JaneMM714
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We held our annual staff retreat at this hotel and could not have been happier. From the easy check-in to the meeting room and great restaurant this hotel cannot be beat. If you want to stay at the hotel for your meals the restaurant is a gem (especially the breakfast buffett), or if you prefer to walk to other local establishments they are all an easy walk away. Whether its work of pleasure I definitely plan on coming back again.

1  Thank Thomas N