“Perfect location, Good Service, Need some updates”

Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront
Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“Perfect location, Good Service, Need some updates”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I DO recommend this hotel.

PROS:
LOCATION ***** - perfect, you will be in walk way from mostly everything interesting in SA.
SERVICE **** - very good. All stuff were helpful and polite. Room was cleaned each day of our stay.
POOL **** - not big but has very good location overlooking the water (check the images). clean. have towels.

CONS:
ROOM and HOTEL CONDITION ***- average. Need update. But not a big deal - you will not spend a lot of time inside being in SA :)

TIPS:
BEST ROOMS: much more expansive then basic but view is perfect. If money is not a problem take rooms with front view of the bay. They do have balconies and morning and evening views are perfect.
PARKING: valet only and is about 22$/day+tips. Possibly you can leave your car parked outside (paid till 5pm and free after)
FOOD: restaurant inside looks good but we did not try. A lot of food around. Very good restaurant right on the back of Hilton. Use back door of hotel and you will see busy place called Pizzaley's - very good food and for every budget and steps back to your room.

Good Luck :)

Room Tip: Bay view rooms are perfect choice but price is much higher.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank RickZ777
, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay with us. I appreciate the complements on our staff and service. I also note your comments on the need for some facility modernization. We make an effort to update and improve the hotel on a regular schedule and are currently doing so this year. If you have the time, please feel free to share your specific concerns. Thanks agfain for your response. We look forward to having you as a return guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
St. Marys, Georgia
Reviewed 1 July 2012

the beds are extremely comfortable, the service is fantastic, the food is delicious. Patty, Ashley, Bob, and the rest of the staff are amazing. They went way above and beyond the call of duty to make our visit the best ever!!

Room Tip: bay side rooms have beautiful sunrise views, but the room on the backside of the hotel have great ni...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank lostcauzz
What a great review! Thabk you so very much, please return soon!
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

They have the most comfortable beds! Great location. Valet parking. Walking distance to everything good.... You don't need to drive. The staff was friendly and helpfull. I loved the stay

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Jhurtley1019
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Thank you for your great review. You are always welcome as a return guest.
Reviewed 1 July 2012

This hotel has exceptional customer service, clean refreshing comfortable rooms. Without question the best place to stay in St Augustine.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank LostLady0727
Its great to receive customer feedback and have it be so positive. We thank you very much. We will look forward to your return.
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I wasn't able to actually stay at the hotel due to Tropical Storm Debby. When I called to cancel, they were friendly and offered a full refund, even though I cancelled with less than 24hours notice. I was more than please with their level of customer service over the phone and I hope to get the chance to visit soon!

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CS-Tampa
Thanks for the compliment on our service level. I am sorry you didn't have the opportunity to experience our hotel. Please come see us soon.
Crystal River, Florida, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The hotel was very clean. Great Location! Food was expensive at the hotel but plenty of other places to eat close by. Didn't like that we had to pay $21 plus tax every day for parking. Hotel is expensive to stay at but if you want downtown which we did you pay for the location. Staff was nice also.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Judy D
Thanks for your kind comments. Iam sorry ou found the food value lacking. Please stay with us again. Prior to arrival, check for ther food promotions that we offer for our guests. Feel free to contact me personally to have me assure you can dine with us.
Steubenville, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My teen son and I stayed here for three days/nights the first part of June. Some of the reasons I chose this hotel was because it offered a balcony, gym and a pool. Of course the thought of facing the bayfront was appealing. I booked a double queen bayfront room. I will start with the negative aspects:

The balcony was shared with the adjoining room. There was absolutely no privacy when the occupants of the room next door were on their balcony. There was a very short, open-slat fence used as a divider. The people in the next room were at the hotel for a family function and other members of their party would gather on their balcony therefore. There were times when 7 or 8 people were on the balcony.

We were given an adjoining room, ugh!!!!! Although the other occupants were not overly loud, I could hear very clearly their conversations when they were in the room. Not their fault, but a connecting room is just bad.

We ate dinner on Saturday night in the hotel restaurant, Aviles. The negative was there was a party of four younger adults seated behind us. They obviously had too much to drink even before they entered the restaurant. They were so loud and obnoxious. Making terrible remarks about some people who entered the lobby ( you can see the lobby from the restaurant). Also they used profanity throughout dinner. I'm not sure what the staff could have done, but I do think because their behaviour was so inappropriate that maybe something could have been done.

The lobby was very small and very dark. I realize that some of the Spanish style furniture is dark but I prefer more light.

The gym was tiny. A few machines in what basically looked like a hotel room.

I left my camera charger plugged into an outlet in our room. I called the next morning and left a message for housekeeping. She did not return my call. After several attempts, I spoke to the head of housekeeping. She said she did not see it but she had several blackberries, etc. I basically gave up. A few days later, we received priority mail a blackberry or a blackberry charger. Now, I have to send this back. I acknowledge they tried but now it's just a hassle.

The location of the hotel is great but really if you are staying in the historic district, most any location is convenient to the sights.

The pros are as follows:

The rooms were kept clean and were comfortable.

The view from the bayfront balcony was beautiful.

Coffee was set up in the morning in the lobby. Also, there was water with lemon available throughout the day.

The restaurant was very comfortable and cozy (minus the obnoxious people). The food was excellent and we had a wonderful server.

Although the pool area was small, it was nice with a pretty view of the bay.

The bartender was friendly and made a nice drink (I only stopped there once).

We used the back entrance a lot. It was located right on Charlotte St. The front entrance took you right to the bay and a quick walk to the Fort.

Although we were on the first floor the room was very quiet.

I think the hotel rates may vary on the season and week-end vs. weekday. We were there on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday and it was very expensive (well over $300 a night). With the issues mentioned, I feel that the rate is too high.

I would certainly stay at this hotel again but look for a lesser rate or room category. I would prefer a room with a private balcony even if it did not overlook the bay directly.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive comments. As far as your balcony issue, there are a few rooms that don't have a shared balcony, but most do. Please feel free to request one if available. Our balcony design was based on the approval granted by our historic review board, hence the shared balconies. Also we obviously displesed you on your stay.Hopefully you will return and give us another chance to prove we are up to your expectations from a Hilton hotel.