“Sloooowwww WiFi”

Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront
Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed here in late January in Room 220. The hotel is in a great location. The staff is friendly staff. However, the the A/C unit was very loud and the WiFi was way too slow. Another plus is the off street parking.

Room Tip: Room 220 has a noisy A/C unit and very slow WiFi.

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

On our way to Florida we stopped and spent 3 nights at this hotel. Great location in Historic Old Town. Upon checking in our first staff member, Ryan the valet was extremely friendly and went out of his way to accommodate us with handling our luggage and suggesting various local sites. Sadly, while checking in at the front desk I was quite surprised with the rude personality of Anthony. I felt as if I asked for a presidential suite at the Waldorf Astoria when I asked for an upgrade to a Bay view room. My wife and I travel the world and I'm well aware of not always being able to get some type of room upgrade. However, I truly felt like I was being scolded for even asking. I thought this wasn't going to be a pleasant stay until I had some questions and came in contact with Ashly at the front desk. Ashly was so accommodating with all my questions and went out of her way to answer them and really changed my opinion of this hotel. To summarize; Ryan does a fantastic job as a valet and Ashly is great at the front desk but I think they both need to be upgraded to higher positions within the hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank PopPopfromQtown
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The hotel has a fantastic location. Rooms were adequate, though personally I found the bed to be a little too firm. We had a first-floor room that was adjacent to a walkway for the 'Tini Bar' behind us and there were rowdy/noisy people clamoring about until well past 3am. Not the hotel's fault, but if I went back I'd make sure I was somewhere else in the building if possible. The parking is valet only. We dropped off our car on Friday upon arrival and didn't remove it until Sunday when we left. When we got home we found a significant dent on the passenger side door that was not there when we arrived. Their parking area is obviously very small and it would appear that one of their drivers opened his door a little too aggressively. So now we'll be reminded of this hotel every day!!!! Breakfast was good. At least one of the staff members wasn't much fun to deal with. Overall I'd say very good, but check your car before and after.

2  Thank DontAsk4AScreenName
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights...had a great experience from valet to front desk!!! The valet was very knowledgeable from directions to recommendations, everytime we needed our truck, we called front desk and when we got downstairs it was waiting!!! We arrived early and they valet us so we could walk around until our room was ready and I forgot to leave my coffee cup in the truck so I (kinda embaressed) ask the front desk guy if he could set my extremely large, filled up several times, been drank out of for 17 hours straight coffee cup behind the desk and he smiled and said I sure can (like if it was precious jewelry)...then when we checked into our room ....awaiting on the desk sat my coffee cup! Room was simply beautiful, fit the feel of the town!!!!! We stayed on feb 17th thru 19th!!! you made an unbelievable 20th anniversary!!!
The Lawson's

Room Tip: The Bayfront Jacuzzi rm with balcony hanging over citys smallest rd Treasury rd..and has full view o...
2  Thank jeffnlisa2014
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Had a wonderful stay during Valentines weekend. Used room service and the food was excellent and prompt. Beds were comfortable and very clean as usual for a Hilton. The room was quiet and had a lovely view of the River. Easy to walk to all the all you want to see and do in St. Augustine from this hotel.

2  Thank Wreta T
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed at the Hilton for Valentine's Day...and had a fantastic time. Awesome location and great service. Their breakfast was good and the rooms were clean. We will come back for future visits. Ideal location for walking around the town.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel was situated in a great location. close to all the shops and restaurants within walking distance. No special treatment though for Hiltons Honors program. No guarantee when you book a room that you will get the floor you want. If you book a room with a balcony view you may get a room on the first floor that overlooks the road. My room had a small outdoor deck but it was located in an alley and seemed useful if you wanted to smoke. I do not smoke. Breakfast was pricey but there were plenty of places within walking distance.

1  Thank beachfrontproperty