“Best Location, Great View, Great Staff!”

Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront
Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Madeira Beach, Florida
“Best Location, Great View, Great Staff!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were really happy with the level of personal service we received at this Hilton. The staff is great. It is beautiful and the rooms are clean. Food and wait staff are excellent. There is really no better place to land, right at the foot of the Bridge of Lions and just a block or so from the fort. A quick walk down a side street and you're in the heart of Old Town and St. George Street. We will be back.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The Bayside Hilton is in a great location. The decor is antique Spanish, quite fitting for the local.
My husband and I enjoyed out night stay and the connivence it offered to all that we were doing in Historic St. Augustine. I must admit I was totally surprised that the Hilton uses Peter Thomas Roth Shampoo, soaps and toiletries. They are my favorite and I haven't seen them in other hotels in which I have stayed. That was a bonus for me!

Room Tip: You may want to book a room bayside. They offer a balcony and looking at he water is much better tha...
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I'm not sure I should write this review. My wife and I will only stay at this property when visiting St. Augustine. I spend 40 plus weeks a year traveling for business, and those who complain about price, parking, or anything else about this property in my opinion are "amateur travelers".

The property has a great location, the rooms are quite roomy and the restaurant and bar is rather reasonable for a Hilton property in a great destination city. You can walk from the hotel directly through Old Town, superb shopping is 5 minutes walk away, and excellent dining doesn't require a car.

This is "the place" for that romantic getaway in a local that has everything from history to pleasant beaches. My wife and I have been visiting St. Augustine since the 70's (yep, we've been around a bit) and we haven't found a nicer place, more accommodating staff, and better accommodations.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the bay, second story is best.
Green Features: I don't follow many of the current practices, but the property follows Hiltons exemplarily environmentally friendly activities.
Newburyport, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Right upfront, this is a hotel, that costs prime-time. Even though the hotel is small by Hilton standards, it's in the heart of St Augustine.

Pluses; Location, location, location, Anthony at the front desk treated us wonderfully and helped in getting us acclimated to the best parts of the city, a small pool & jacuzzi right on the street looking at the harbor, decent breakfast buffet, direct access to St George Street (great to stroll, dine or shop), decent internet coverage.
Distractions; as if the cost of staying there isn't prohibitive, they tack on a $21 valet/garage fee per day. The valet staff was great, but they ought to be at that price.

Would I stay there again, don't know, the Best Western is half the cost and free parking. It's more about St Augustine, than where you stay...... that said, it has a slight charm to it.

1 Thank undertaker01
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

If this was a Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn, there would be no complaints. It was a clean room, good breakfast and proximate location. But throw in the Hilton brand, and the attendant increase in cost, and expectations change. There is nothing luxurious about this hotel, nor anything that makes it stand out. Essentially, in a pool of very few options, being fine takes on a different meaning.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
I am sorry that you felt that your stay with us was only average. Our goal is to always make every effort to see our guests leave with a since they have received the very best in service and accomodations. I apologize that we did not achieve this for your visit. I hope you will return and give us an opportunity to improve your impression of us. If you do, feel free to contact me directly to make your reservations.
Miami, United States
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great accommodations within walking distance to most points of interest, shopping and restaurants. Clean and spacious room with complimentary bottled water, coffee, tea. Very helpful concierge, gave us good information. Good service overall. A/C in room could have been colder, but that's me - I like to sleep in a cold room. Would go back again and recommend to friends.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
I am pleased to know we were able to make your visit a memorable one. Also, I thank you for your kind comments on our staff and their service level. I take great pride in their dedication and ability and it is always good to have validation of their efforts. Please come back and visit again soon. We will look forward to your return
Wauwatosa, United States
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We always book a bayfront room and they are well worth the money. I needed a leftover heated up and the wait staff took it right back and came back quickly with it, with a cloth napkin, fork and knife. This room is half the vacation when we go to St. Augustine.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this review, 24 March 2015
Being able to settle in to the St. Augustine experience is the greatest advantage we have as a hotel. That is what we are all about and your great review lets us know we have been able to make a memory for a great guest. Please return and see us soon.