“Great end to our holiday”

Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront
Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
airdrie
“Great end to our holiday”
Reviewed 21 November 2009

St Augustine is a hidden gem in Florida. No-one had heard of it but they will now. What a place so unexpected in USA never mind Florida. This was the last 4 days of our holiday after Orlando and Daytona Beach staying in basic hotels.
The hotel was lovely and in a great location. There is loads to do in the area is you are interested in the history of the town. Wish we had missed out Daytona and added our beach days to St Augustine as they looked cleaner.
There were great sweet shops although the portions in the restaurants were so big we didn't have time to try them.
Would definetly recommend this place, although the $18 per day for valet parking was a bit expensive.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Greenfield,MA
Reviewed 12 November 2009

I just returned from a three night stay at the Bayfront Hilton. This was my fifth trip to St. Augustine but my first stay in the heart of the city. Great location for walking around. The housekeeping, front desk staff, and breakfast crew were all friendly and helpful. I was able to get a great room facing the street behind the hotel. I am returning again in a few months with my husband. This will be his first trip to St. Augustine, so I am hoping he will enjoy the hotel and city as much as I did. It's a great city and a great hotel that added to my vacation. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Trinidad
Reviewed 9 November 2009

This is the only Hilton I've ever stayed in that I really enjoyed - may be because every other time was for business! Spent 3 nights with a friend - we shared a room - and could not have asked for more. The room was big, the beds comfortable and the a/c worked. The front of house staff were pleasant, the valet service quick, friendly and efficient (the US$18 + tax for parking a bit steep). For us, the location could not have been better. I had a devine spinach, walnut and gorgonzola salad - room service - from the restaurant (the only time we ate in) and it was to die for! And the barman (don't know his name) knew exactly when I needed a large glass of Pinot Grigio. Who could ask for more.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ysenora
White Bear
Reviewed 9 November 2009

My best friend & I stayed in room 123 - and to our delight, it overlooked the charming little shops on Charlotte St., with a private deck out the back ! Great valets/concierge service, and we wished we had booked more nights there.

Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
St. Petersburg
Reviewed 5 November 2009

Spent two nights, Oct 31 and November 1. Hotel is just wonderful and I definetly will recommend and return. Traveled with my sister for a sister getaway. Rooms had two delightful comfy,comfy beds. The small fridge was a surprise and were able to keep our bottled water cold without needing the ice bucket,,water was free by the way, The $18.00 parking fee seems high but as parking is so limted in the city. it seems quite resonable as compared with having to run back and forth to plug monies in to street metered parking. I'm sure a paking tickit is more tha $18.00. The valet is always on duty if you do want to take you car out for a trip outsde the city, There is no need fo a vechicle in the historic area at all. Took a carridge ride as well, very nice.

The bathroom had wonderful Crabtree and Evelyn Body wash and shampoos.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Small buisness cent, but it also was free. Breakkfast/Brunch on Sunday was well stocked and tasty.

Will return

Stayed October 2009
Pinehurst, NC
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Beautiful hotel, great location but $18.00 per night for parking is a little steep.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton for 3 nights. The room we were allocation had 2 double beds thus making the room reasonably spacious. We also had a balcony but no view.

The hotel is on the main road so getting a view on the front would have been quite noisy, so being on the side of the hotel and overlooking a small car park wasn't a problem, at least it was quiet.

This is a lovely little hotel. The public areas are well designed and very comfortable. We didn't sample evening restaurant in the hotel but we did have breakfast and on all 3 days the breakfast was great. The service was very quick and the food hot and fresh.

There is a small bar area with a great barman by the name of Francisco. He made us feel very welcome and we enjoyed our time 'propping up the bar' and chatting with him. In fact many of the staff in the hotel were very friendly and very chatty which gave the hotel a very intimate feel.

The only negative is the hotel charges for parking.

St Augustine is a lovely town, full of history and plenty to see and do.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple