“Excellent location and exceeds Hilton's standards”

Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront
Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 December 2009

I am a frequent visitor to St. Augustine but had never stayed at the Hitlon (usually stay at the beach). Me and my 2 daughters (ages 11 and 15) came in to stay Christmas night and the next day. Check in was quick and very courteous (mandatory valet parking at $18 a day, price you pay for the location, I guess. We didn't need to use the car either day) and we had a bayfront room with a balcony. If your looking for an upscale hotel in downtown St. Augustine, I can't imagine doing any better than this. All staff, from the front desk to the housekeeping, were very courteous and efficient. Watched the horse drawn carriages depart from across the street and listened to them clop by our window, against a backdrop of beautifully lit palm trees and sailboats along the bayfront. We needed a getaway this year and the Hilton delivered.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 December 2009

This place is in the best location. On one side of the hotel is the water or bayfront as they call it. The other side of the hotel is the historic shops and stuff. Does not look like a hotel though. Be ready for the parking fees - but the convienfence is well worth it. We were there during the Christmas time and the area was all lit up with lights and it looked great. Lots of places to go and things to do. We had a fun time. We used the train to get around. It cost about $20 dollars per person but it was good for the two days we were there and they let you get off when you want and then you just get back on the next train when it comes by. Great way too see the historic sites.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2009

Location was great, situated in the center of St. Augustine. We had a room with balcony overlooking the bay. The city was decorted with christmas lights...so pretty. The room was clean and well attended with the sual amentities. However, the room was cleaned very late in the day.....seemed to be a shortage of maids. Employees were very polite and helpful. Factor in a $18/day valet parking charge over and above the room charge cost.

Reviewed 28 November 2009

I just returned from my second stay at the Hilton in downtown St. Augustine. It’s a small full service hotel and I’m happy to report that it was just as nice as the first time. The staff are polite and helpful; the rooms clean and comfortable. It’s a great location for walking around the downtown area. If I go to St. Augustine again I’ll definitely stay at the Hilton.

1  Thank Toga1000
Reviewed 21 November 2009

St Augustine is a hidden gem in Florida. No-one had heard of it but they will now. What a place so unexpected in USA never mind Florida. This was the last 4 days of our holiday after Orlando and Daytona Beach staying in basic hotels.
The hotel was lovely and in a great location. There is loads to do in the area is you are interested in the history of the town. Wish we had missed out Daytona and added our beach days to St Augustine as they looked cleaner.
There were great sweet shops although the portions in the restaurants were so big we didn't have time to try them.
Would definetly recommend this place, although the $18 per day for valet parking was a bit expensive.

Reviewed 12 November 2009

I just returned from a three night stay at the Bayfront Hilton. This was my fifth trip to St. Augustine but my first stay in the heart of the city. Great location for walking around. The housekeeping, front desk staff, and breakfast crew were all friendly and helpful. I was able to get a great room facing the street behind the hotel. I am returning again in a few months with my husband. This will be his first trip to St. Augustine, so I am hoping he will enjoy the hotel and city as much as I did. It's a great city and a great hotel that added to my vacation. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2009

This is the only Hilton I've ever stayed in that I really enjoyed - may be because every other time was for business! Spent 3 nights with a friend - we shared a room - and could not have asked for more. The room was big, the beds comfortable and the a/c worked. The front of house staff were pleasant, the valet service quick, friendly and efficient (the US$18 + tax for parking a bit steep). For us, the location could not have been better. I had a devine spinach, walnut and gorgonzola salad - room service - from the restaurant (the only time we ate in) and it was to die for! And the barman (don't know his name) knew exactly when I needed a large glass of Pinot Grigio. Who could ask for more.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends