“Check your bill!”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The Florida Cracker Cafe has been a favorite for locals and visitors of St. Augustine for over 20 years. We serve only the freshest ingredients, using local flavors and influences to create an exceptional dining experience. We are located in the heart of St. Augustine's historic district. You can find us directly on St. George Street, one of the main attractions of the nation's oldest city. We offer outside dining on our garden patio, or you may choose to enjoy your meal in our contemporary dining room. Whether you are in the mood for a quick lunch or a relaxing dinner in a unique atmosphere, be sure to make The Florida Cracker Cafe your premier dining choice.
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We chose Florida Cracker Cafe for lunch on our recent trip to St. Augustine. I know it has been around a long time, though I'd never been there. The seating was cramped for our party of 6 as we were seated in a heavy traffic area next to the bar. Seats were bumped frequently. Our waitress was not all that knowledgeable and only partially friendly. The restaurant was only slightly busy and our food seemed to take a while. I had coconut shrimp that really had little flavor and they were small. As another reviewer said they were OK but really couldn't taste the coconut. None of us thought our meal was anything to rave about. The slaw was also flavorless. We had to wait what seemed like an eternity for our waitress to refill our drinks, and she was not busy.

Since we were a family traveling with friends we asked for separate checks. No where on the menu did we see that gratuity was included, even for a party of 6, although technically, we were a party of 2 and 4. Well, thankfully, I keep receipts and as my husband handed cash to the waitress, that included a tip, I noticed that 18% was added to the bill. She would have gotten quite a tip for lousy service. We asked for the bill/ money back and took out the additional tip. Since I don't know if it's automatically added - my advice is check your bill carefully.

They are in the heart of the St. George Street historic district but I'm sure there are better restaurants. There is nothing special here.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were not expecting much after leaving one restaurant down the street that was very disappointing, but boy were we surprised. Everything was great. We were seated right away. The place is kind of small, but there is outdoor seating also. We ordered a gatortail appetizer to start with. They knew what they were doing. It was tender with just a bit of a spicy bite. We then ordered a hamburger and cheeseburger. I was really expecting a tasteless burger fried on a grill in the kitchen. The burger had a really good flavor and was not greasy. We were so full, but had to try the key lime pie. It was not quite as tart as some I have had, but it was still really good. We really enjoyed our meal and Brittney or server was great. We plan to go back before we leave St. Augustine.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The hummus and coleslaw were missing something - very bland. My boys liked the PB & J, cheese sticks, and fries. My coconut shrimp were OK just couldn't taste the coconut.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Im not sure of all the hype of this place. It seemed like a normal resurant in the heart of the downtown area. If this bar was anywhere else but in the heart of the action they prob wouldn't still be around. Food was normal... nothing exotic or new on the menu.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Restaurant was not that busy and was reasonably priced and with kids, this seemed like a great idea. Food was cold, service awful, got opened crackers with my soup, manager couldn't have cared less and the gratuity for this terrible service was added to our bill as we had 6 people and 2 of them were children. My soup was still on the bill, even though I had to go in and find the waitress to tell her I got packages of open crackers on my plate that looked already eaten. When I complained, they ended up taking my soup off because I asked for it to be gone.