“Nice overall...beats rates and crowds at downtown and beach hotels”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
Lake City, Florida
“Nice overall...beats rates and crowds at downtown and beach hotels”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is our 2nd time staying at this hotels. Good points for us were location...close to outlet malls and not too bad of a drive to downtown/beach, yet not near as crowded as downtown or beach hotels. Both visits we had the pool all to ourselves, which beats fighting a crowd. Another good point...hotel was clean and actually had new carpet smell on our recent visit. I typically cringe at the carpet at hotels...this visit I didn't hesitate to take my shoes off to walk on the floor! The tradoff's though...right next to interstate, so you can hear traffic...walls also were thin, so I could at times hear my neighbors. The elevator got stuck while we were in it...had to call for assistance...rooms are small...no balcony's, which I like. We did have a problem on one night with some drinking outside front door, which was disturbing. And front desk staff didn't seem as concerned as we were with it.

Room Tip: The suites provide more room than standard room, which I would recommend with a family. Some suites...
1 Thank Stacy B
Comfort32084, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Stacy,

Thank you for staying with our hotel and Thank you for writing this feedback review. This will help us to improve our service.

Thank you for your compliments on our clean rooms, new carpet. Yes, definitely we are much better than crowded downtown hotels, and also they charge for parking daily.

My apologies on elevator issue and staff didn't attend your concerns. I will promise it won't happen again.

Hope we will see you very soon on your third trip to Saint Augustine and look forward to serve you.

Mac Jerry,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Tn
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Another one of those from the discount hotel mags. Stopped in, was immediately given the best discount rate on a room plus an upgrade. Clean, good breakfast. Very friendly staff.Like the others, thought odd behind a gas station. Reminded you of a southern style home from the front.

Room Tip: Did not notice any loud room noise from the other rooms. A good stay.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank toolmerc
Comfort32084, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Toolmerc,

Thank for your valuable time to give us your feed back review on your recent stay. We are glad your stay was enjoyable with our southern style lobby / front desk, clean rooms and nice HOT breakfast.

We hope to see you very soon and look forward to serve you again...

Mac Jerry,
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at the Comfort Inn last week en route to Orlando. I would consider our stay completely average. We checked in late in the evening (around 8:30-9:00). The woman at reception saw my three young children and was terribly worried that they would be stomping their feet and bothering the guests below us. I'd never heard such a thing at check-in before, and assured her that it was late and we were going straight to bed.

The hotel can be hard to find, but parking was not an issue, and it was very near I95.

The room seemed fine- beds were comfortable, and there seemed to be new carpeting all over the hotel. At first glance, everything was clean and well maintained. It wasn't until the next morning when I noticed light streaming in through the shades, which were full of small holes and appeared to be covered in coffee stains.

The room was noisy- there was a constant humming, which I believe came from the air conditioning, and we heard a lot of people outside of the rooms around 1-2 am. The next morning, we had a decent free breakfast (toast, yogurt, cereal, juice). I also used the shower, which was clean but very odd. For some reason, the shower base was raised about 3 inches above the floor level, but the shower head seemed to be installed as if the base were at floor level. I am short, but fit just barely under the shower head. It would have been un-usable for my taller husband for sure.

Overall- we paid about $100 for the room, which I thought was overpriced for the location/room. I would return, but would probably try some other options in the area first to see how they compare!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank lawchicky
Dear Lawchicky,

Thank you for your review on your recent. We appreciated for your time and giving the feedback.

My apologies on my employees, as this is our summer busy season, she is trying to make all the guests stay enjoyable, not otherwise. The showers are set to suite all the guest and never had any concerns.

Thank you for your compliments on our HOT breakfast and cleanliness of our hotel room.
We hope to see you very soon.

Rindge, New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Couldn't stay awake at the wheel so stopped here. It was ok for a night. Clean, but a bit noisy, so we had to play music to fall asleep. Breakfast decent. Outlets near by. Weird to be located behind a gas station.

• Stayed July 2014
Comfort32084, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Michelle,

Thanks a lot your recent stay with us and Thank you for taking to write this review. We appreciated your feedback.

My apologies about the noise. We will definitely make changes to avoid this again. Thank you for your comments on our breakfast and clean cleans. We are glad you get a chance to visit the outlets right close to the hotel.

We hope to see you in the very near future,

Sincerely

Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Had a good stay. Nothing special but convenient and priced right. Would stay again. Chellena was awesome. The nicest counter person that I have ever dealt with at a budget hotel. She deserves a raise and should get $20 from tripadvisor for this review.

Room Tip: Convenient and priced right.
Dear Jeffery,

Thank you for taking to write this review. We are so glad you had good stay with our clean rooms, priced at right.

Thank you for your comments on our employee, we appreciated. I will definitely pass on your comments.

We hope to you see you again in the near future, Thank you

Coshocton, OH
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a great location in Saint Augustine to walk downtown and see all the historical aspects of the city. It is also close to some pretty good restaurants. The room was called a suite, but it did not have a pullout couch. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was pretty good.

Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Staff was friendly rooms were clean, breakfast average got tired of it after 4 days. The only issue we had was the smell. The smell was their cleaning spray. It just did not sit well with us. It was awful. My husband did go to front desk and advise this. Front desk gave a different air freshener to use and a air purifier. So that did temporarily resolve the issue until they cleaned room next day and used the same products. But other than that the experience was great.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family