“"Good Budget Beach Hotel"”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Oceanview Lodge

Oceanview Lodge
Ranked #45 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Madison, Florida
“"Good Budget Beach Hotel"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed for one night and found it to be very clean. The beds were very comfortable. I did find that the furniture was a bit worn and the fixtures were a bit outdated. Also, it wasn't right on the beach but you had to walk across the parking lot to get there. We chose a 3rd floor room based on prior reviews and that is the best floor. When you walk out on the balcony, you have a great view of the ocean. Since there is a beach house adjacently in front of the hotel, this is why lower floors aren't as desirable. Overall, it was a great stay but one thing to remember about the area is that there are few restaurants in this area, more selection in St. Augustine.

Room Tip: 3rd floors rooms have a better view of the ocean
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank djjazzy2000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

We have been at Ocean View Lodge for 2 days now and loving every minute of it. All the rooms overlook the beach and we had a great sunrise this morning. Our room was very clean and we were given very good rates for 4 nights. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank msbu20082008
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

My friend and myself went to Saint Augustine in sept. 2010 we was on a motorcycle ride from Rich.Va. It was a holiday weekend and we had made reservations at ocean view resort (formaly ocean blue II motal) for mon.- wed. nights. We road strate thru and arrived in St. Augustine sat. around 8pm. We looked for other rooms in St. Augustine and all were taken so I called ocean view resort to see if thay had any rooms for sat. and sun. we got the last room availible there. We had a standard room for sat. and sun. then moved to the 2 beadroom suite on the 3rd floor for the remainder of our stay.The rooms were clean and great value for what you get ,staff was very polite and helpful in every way.

I have stayed in many motels and hotels and the staff has never been any better, if you have a issue with something in most places and report it it never gets fixed. The shower in our 2nd room was draining very slow (standing in water at end of shower) so we told the staff on our way out for the evening and when we got back to the room it was fixed. The resort is in a great location if you want to see St. Augustine ,the beach is very nice, nice view from 3rd floor. I will stay again for this was not my first time here.I stayed in 2008, 2009, and 2010 and the place has inproved every time into what it is now a wonderful vacation spot for me and family. SHOOO DONT TELL ANYONE ARE THAY MAY NOT HAVE A ROOM AVAILIBLE FOR ME !!! I will be back in spring of 2011.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank kprider
Savannah, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

My wife and I (and her parents) spent last night at Ocean Blue Motel II, which is being rebranded as Ocean View Lodge. The rooms are absolutely spotless, recently remodeled and done nicely if simply, and the ocean view from our 3rd floor balconies was spectacular. Beds were comfortable. All got a good night's sleep in addition to enjoying late-night and early-morning beach walks.

Ocean Blue/View is ideal for anyone looking for a quality room at a budget price on Vilano beach. Beware that the free breakfast is spartan -- prepackaged rolls and bagels with packets of cream cheese, butter, and jams, plus prepackaged juice and (freshly made) coffee -- and that's it. But each room includes a refrigerator and microwave in addition to coffee maker for a handy option, so you can bring preferred provisions. Every room has a balcony, but those below Floor 3 will be mostly looking at the building in front, so go for the top floor for a complete beach view. (Pets are allowed, but only with prior approval, and only on a few Floor 1 rooms.)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank originalbob
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2010

So, this was a last minute trip for my husband and I. I won't go into details but more or less, if you go to this hotel, the housekeepers are great, the rooms are clean, but the Manger of the hotel, She's the only lady you see when you check in. BEWARE of her wrath! We made a simple mistake, and over and over again to me and my husband called me a liar! Listen, I'm not perfect but I am not a liar! The owner of the place (her brother in law "Earl". Very nice man)!
Like other rates on this hotel, there is a HUGE vacant/ broken-down restaurant between you and the beach. If you want to see the beach you have to have a room on the 3rd floor. And they don't allow pets on the 3rd floor. They only have TWO rooms in the WHOLE hotel that allow pets, on the FIRST floor! More or less, if the manager wasn't there, the HUGE vacant/broken-down restaurant wasn't there, And you could see the beach from more than ONE floor! It would be a great place! Man I wish OCEAN BLUE 1 (right next door) didn't close! That place was great!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jordanlasseter
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

Stayed at Ocean Blue 2 over Christmas break with our teenage son. Clean standard room, nothing fancy, but was $75.00 a night and beach was great. Motel off the beaten path, no a tourist area. Beach is dog friendly and St. Augustine is fantastic and well worth the trip is you like visiting historical sites.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
orlando
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2009

I booked my reservation thru hotelclub.net (another place to avoid)
when i arrived they didnt acknowledge my reservation because of new ownership...so here i am stuck.
I asked if they could at least give me one of the open rooms at the rate i reserved on line.
Their response: Sure..no problem, we can give you the same room at the double the price.

Let my mistake be your lesson. Stick with reputable hotels.

• Stayed February 2009