“Great for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Oceanview Lodge
Ranked #46 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
“Great for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I booked a room here for a one night stay for my girlfriends birthday and we really enjoyed it. Great price for a beachfront room and very clean, comfortable beds, and even a decent breakfast in the am. I did pay a little extra for a 3rd floor room but the view was worth the price. Overall very satisfied and would recommend this hotel if you are staying in the St. Augustin area. Only a 5 minute drive from the historical region.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I had family come from south florida. We rented 2 rooms. I went to visit my family and friends from jacksonville at this hotel. I was told to give my license plate number so I don't get towed. Well I guess 1 car allowes per room. The lady was extremely rude and told me I cant be there... she came into the room my family rented amd told me I had to leave RIGHT NOW. Apparently u can't have visitors in this hotel. Only 2 people per room at a time. Very rude. I also asked if there was any rooms open and I was told to "READ THE SIGN" which said no vacancy but it was hidden behind a mound of books.. the lady was very very rude. We rent a room EVERY year. We should not have been treated this way. They lost business.

• Stayed March 2014
9 Thank rude24

Travellers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Havana, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have visited St. Augustine several times over the years, but have never stayed out on the beach. I searched for hours online, trying to decide where to stay. After much deliberation and reading way too many reviews, we settled on the Ocean View Lodge. Best. Decision. Ever. For starters, the location is amazing. In a quaint area, away from the bustle of downtown (but within minutes!) Vilano Beach is the place to be. There is private parking for hotel guests, and public parking with a small public park right there. The boardwalks to the beach are Much closer to the hotel than the pictures make them seem. We stayed on the first floor and were quite content with the view. You cannot see the beach, but you CAN see the ocean, as the first floor is not exactly on the ground; it's about 6 feet above. We had made our reservations online, and took what they had available, which was a room with two double beds. The next day, the lovely lady from Ocean View called me and asked if we'd like to change to a king bed room. Heck, yeah, Thanks!!! When we arrived, she remembered having spoken to me, and greeted us warmly, took care of the paperwork efficiently and let us know what time breakfast was offered. Our room was very clean, and had a microwave, minifridge, coffee pot, clean towels and linens. It was simply appointed, but comfortable and clean. Each room has a private balcony. The shower worked well, all of the lights worked, the tv was nice, and there is free wifi. There is a Publix Grocery store just around the corner, in a plaza with a couple of restaurants. The hotel was quiet, the housekeeping staff was friendly, and the other guests all seemed to be enjoying their stay. Can you tell, I cannot say enough wonderful things about our stay. We will return, and hopefully soon!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank S H
Palatka, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Place was nice. Lady behind desk is sort of shy until you start talking to her, nice person overall. They have spa tubs in some rooms. Elevator works. Wifi router is old, only laptops and tablets can connect, my cell phone was unable. There seems to be no one staying at the lodge on the weekdays, but I was told they are packed on the weekends. 2nd and 3rd floor, the beach is easily seen. 1st floor, good luck.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cman83
Pinetta, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

The place was nice and clean. The view was good. We stayed on the 3rd floor. Only bad experience was the lady at the front desk. Did not say anything to us when checking in, except only the questions she needed to ask. We made a big mistake and showed up for breakfast 5 minutes we before 7:30 (when it opens). The same lady was there and we thought she was going to take our heads off. Just overlook the front desk and you will enjoy your stay. We would go back again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank romeofl
Marietta, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Jacuzzi Suite. The Jacuzzi tub was very nice, but is hidden in the bathroom. There is an opening between the tub and the room, but the television can not be seen. The shower is extremely small. The name of the hotel is a little misleading, especially from the first floor. At best you can see the grassy hillside leading to the beach. Overall we had a very romantic evening and would probably stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

This hotel was across the street from the beach with cranes, and other machinery in the way of your "view". We rented on the 2nd floor - a must (or 3rd floor). Beachgoers park in front on the ground level. This beach allows cars to drive on to it - the sand is horrible and certainly not what we expected. We couldn't wait to leave.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else