Prior to making my final selection to stay in St Augustine I did some research and settled on the Best Western for 2 reasons:
1. It had the best review/rate combination
2. The worst reviews come from people expecting too much or from circumstances beyond the hotel's control
Realize that this is a tourist hotel and not a luxury resort and go from there, but the staff do their best with what they are provided.
I requested a room with a pool view based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor, but came to the conclusion upon my arrival that it doesn't matter what side your room is on as long as you park on the pool side. Sherri at the front desk was absolutely phenomenal and was able to accommodate my request. She was enthusiastic and knowledgeable of the surrounding areas and attractions. I placed a small special request at the time of booking and was thoroughly surprised as they exceeded my expectations. (Thank you!)
The room was clean and up-to-date The bathroom is small, but adequate - as an older property I didn't expect a modern sized bathroom. Perhaps the only suggestion I would have is that during the next renovation is to merge the sink area with the bathroom to make it slightly less claustrophobic.
The breakfast area is relatively small, but it seemed relatively quiet in the mornings. During the busy season I would definitely recommend requesting the option room service since I can see how it would be cramped.
The location is most convenient to the fort and Ripley's, but well within a 15 minute walk of the other end of the historic district and Flagler College.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come stay at the newly renovated Best Western Spanish Quarter Inn! We're in the heart of the nation's oldest city. We have comfortable, petite rooms and breakfast is included. You can even enjoy complimentary room service! We are walking distance to St. George Street, Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum, the Lightner Museum and the Castillo de San Marcos. We provide leisure travelers with affordable and comfortable accommodations. Sightseeing trains conveniently stop right in front or our property. Nestled in downtown St. Augustine, the Best Western Spanish Quarter Inn offers all the conveniences you need for a pleasant vacation. You can also relax in our refreshing pool or stare at the stars in our whirlpool! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Spanish Quarters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Spanish Quarter Hotel Saint Augustine
- Best Western Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Best Western
- Best Western Spanish Quarters Inn St. Augustine, Florida