“Will not be a repeat visit!”
Review of Centro Piano Bar

Centro Piano Bar
Ranked #232 of 593 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
St. Augustine, Florida
“Will not be a repeat visit!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We live in St. Augustine and frequent many of the restaurants. We tried this new restaurant on the premises of the old wax museum. The quality of the food ingredients was poor at best, the dishes were not presented in an order that one expects from a restaurant trying to be more upscale than others in town. Our entree was served before our salad with a crab cake because that was ready first. The skirt steak had a terrible taste and when the crab cake on the salad was served it was clear that it was a frozen item and not fresh with a mushy consistency. We thought maybe desert would provide something good but that failed the freshness test as well serving a frozen boxed chocolate piece of cake with can sprayed whipped cream not fresh cream as stated on the menu. There are many better restaurants in town at this price level so this is not worth a second trip eventhough at first site the bar area looks inviting.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Stephen F

Miami, Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Some locals refered us to this restaurant and stated that it was an excellent restaurant. Our experience was anything but. This restaurant was average at best. The food was average. The portions were below average. The service was most definitely below average. When I cannot get a waiter to fill my water glass on regular basis and he doesn't even know what the soup of the day is , that's a tip off that this place is not going to be anything but average at best. I felt that in giving three stars, I was being generous. The locals, in this case, were way off in their evaluation. Perhaps our waiter was new, but I was unimpressed and would not return. Our bill, for 6, was. $260 which would be fine if the food was good and service professional. They failed the test tonight

1 Thank Joseph F
New York City, New York
“Forget it.”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My husband and I were looking forward to trying a new restaurant in St. Augustine. The staff was very friendly, but that's about it. My husband ordered the rib eye steak, it was a quarter of an inch thick, over cooked and fatty. I ordered the grouper. It's lucky I'm not a big eater, because it was a very small portion and very bland. It had capers on it, but the capers had no flavor and capers are pretty salty and have a taste all there own. Cheap capers have no taste. The wine choice was also pretty boring and all the wine by the glass was $12.00. The music was fine, but the place is pretty loud, so if you want to go and talk, it's not the place. Pretty overpriced for what you got. When purchasing food for the restaurant, I would suggest, the owner or chief spend a little more money on higher quality food to serve and not try to fool customers with lower quality food. Some of us can be fooled, but not all of us.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank delospoppy
Bloomer, Wisconsin
“Great food, good service and relaxing music.”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband and I were lured in for an after dinner drink after a mediocre dinner elsewhere. The girls at the door were very friendly and sweet. We so enjoyed our drink that we made reservations for the next night. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent and the service was great. The restaurant has a new owner and he was very anxious to please. We loved the relaxing piano music. The bar didn't have peppermint schnapps the first night or a good selection of flavored vodkas. Did the next night. Great evening.

• Visited March 2014
San Francisco, California
“Arrogant, Cheesy, HORRIBLE food and TERRIBLE service”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The food was overpriced and absolutely horrible. Presumably because the quality was on the low end (notice they don't mention a style or the way it was raised).

We bought an $80.00 bottle of wine - not once did anyone offer to re-pour. Usually it's while asking us how we are enjoying things but that's because if they weren't bring us food they never came to check on us.
Even though we were sitting in view of a manager, bartender, hostess, & several servers passing by.

The steak was old, brown, & in edible. I informed the back waiter when he finally cleared our plates. He shook his head & said sorry but I never saw him again.

Not a single person asked if we'd like something else or came to comment about the large amount of food left on our plate.

After 30 mins of nothingness I had to ask the manager for our check & while doing so our server brushed shoulders with me as I stood up & he said nothing. Didn't even acknowledge I was his customer.

Totally parched- our water glasses were dry & not refilled until the check was signed. I told him it would be wasting water since my coat was already on & we were about to stand up.

Far too expensive for a restaurant that has no real value.

• Visited March 2014