“Love this place!!”
Review of The Cozy Inn

The Cozy Inn
Ranked #3 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Cozy Inn is adorable! We had no complaints - Christina is awesome, the room was very clean , and we loved having a parking spot with our room! The location is great. The Cozy Inn will be our 1st choice the next time we visit St Augustine!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HaleyandSteve
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

WOW! To say that The Cozy Inn will be your first choice next time you visit our Wonderful City is AMAZING!!!! You have just made our Holiday Weekend even happier! What can we say but.....thank you so much sincerely from our hearts. Be Well, Stay Safe and Come Back Soon!
Always...............Safe and Happy Travels!

There are newer reviews for The Cozy Inn

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed at the Cozy Inn for just one night and will definitely return! It was very clean and comfortable and about a 15-20 minute walk to Historic downtown. Cristina in the office was very helpful and even shipped my pillow I left behind. Great place for the price!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leigh H
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hi there and thank you so much for the positive feedback all around! We are thrilled that you found us clean and comfortable and a good location for you. And yes, Christina is wonderful - we agree :) We were happy to send your pillow back - anytime! We hope to see you again soon! Always......Safe and Happy Travels!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a nice clean place. We stayed in the smaller rooms across the street from the larger units. It has a good location. We walked each day to the Olde Towne and restaurants. It is a pretty place but our room was affordable and small. The room was quiet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank knightleysmom
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for saying such wonderful things about us - that we are clean and nice and affordable and quiet and a good location -we truly appreciate your taking the time to share your impression! Given your rating - I have written to your email address to ask what we might have done or what we might do in the future to gain a stronger rating from you. Everything you mention is positive - and again - thank you for that - but a three rating concerns us (we are the little guy - family owned and trying to do our absolute best ) and we would always like to know where we might improve. We haven't heard back from you and would love to! It's so important to us.Thanking you in advance! We hope to see you again. Safe and Happy Travels!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We spent 7 nights at the Cozy Inn & couldn't have found a quieter place to stay. I was nervous because I usually stay out of town away from traffic, but the Sunset Room we had was away from the street. The location, refrigerator, stove, microwave, cleanliness, etc. & price are comparable to one of the chain motels who offers much less. The staff were indeed friendly & very professional. I can't say that I'd want to share a single room with children, but for two people I don't think you can find a better deal or stay in St. Augustine. We definitely plan on returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GS1957
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you so very much for such great positive thoughts and comments! We are so happy that you found our standard rooms great for two. We try to accommodate all types of needs and wants. We are glad you found all you needed for a nice stay in your room - and so happy that you enjoyed our Staff too! We very much look forward to your return visit. Just call Christina or Martha and they will set you up! Always Happy and Safe Travels!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My cousin and I were looking for a cute little place to stay near the Historic area of Saint Augustine without the crazy prices. We chose the Cozy Inn because of all the wonderful reviews we saw on Trip Advisor. The Cozy Inn is just that...cozy and very clean! The staff were very friendly and even had an adorable dog at the check out counter. We were able to walk to dinner "The Raintree" (I highly recommend it), from our hotel and we were able to walk to the Old Jail Museum and Fountain of Youth. The historic district is about a 25 minutes walk...we did this once and the other time we drove and paid $10 for parking for the day to tour Saint Augustine. All in all, we had a great stay and I would definitely stay here again! Also, the staff provided us with a number of coupons for local restaurant spots! :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lorag252
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Cozy and Clean - we thrive on comments such as this and it motivates us to keep doing what we are doing! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. It sounds like you found your accommodations and our Staff to be all that you wanted/needed. Christina and our Staff are THE BEST and What A GREAT Picture of Ruffus!! He is our official greeter :)!
Great comments about all that you were able to walk to see and on the Raintree Restaurant - it's good to know that when we tell our guests about a place - they really do enjoy it! Take Care and come see us again soon! Safe and Happy Travels!

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

What an adorable place! We stayed in a small but perfectly appointed efficiency/ room. This place is immaculate and the kitchenette had everything. ..fridge, stove, microwave and a full kitchen set up. Nice roomy bathroom and a decent size closet.One small issue. ..the DirectTV is less than optimal. It seems like many motels/ hotels are using this....charge a little more...get better cable! We had dinner at the Raintree Restaurant, not far from the Inn....a must for visitors. All in all, an excellent choice. One other note...the Inn has several types of accommodations...something for everyone.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy S
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

We love your comments! We are thrilled that you enjoyed the efficiency and found it immaculate and with everything you needed for a nice stay with us! We understand your comment about the Direct TV. They came out again just after you left and replaced another part. We are hopeful that issue is completely resolved - but believe me - we are watching this very carefully - we must have good service for our guests :) We are Happy that you enjoyed the Raintree! We like it there too and your feedback is very valuable to us! Thank you for your comments - we really do appreciate the time it takes to write! Come back and see us soon! Safe and Happy Travels!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Cozy Inn is a delightful hotel/motel nestled on a nice property, but close to main attractions in Saint Augustine. I was there for a family event, so I didn't really have time to check out much around the area (although I know the Inn is just a mile away from the historic part of St. Augustine). That said, I appreciated the comfort and exceptional cleanliness of my room --#36 in the bigger suites across the street -- as well as the convenience of the Inn's location.

My room, a duplex --a small but big enough living room, and fully stocked kitchen downstairs; bed with plenty of closet space and a bathroom, with a shower, upstairs. TV's and air conditioners on both levels -- would have been perfect for a couple or a family, too. It was cheerful, immaculately clean (something I always appreciate) and welcoming. It was also nice to be in a room with home-type qualities instead of the (sometimes) overly decorated boutique hotels or the sterile chain hotels. The Inn is an exceptionally good value as well -- a room/suite this size in a major, business city would be 2-4 times the amount that the Cozy Inn charged (I only paid $147 for one night). The manager, who checked me in and greeted me, was exceptionally nice (I loved her dog, Rufus, too!) and the housekeepers were also very friendly.

Instead of a host of negatives (as I often find while staying in hotels while traveling for business), I only have two small issues:

1) Maneuvering in the shower is a little awkward, as the stall itself is not that large (I am a size 6/8 and 5 ft. 6 inches tall), and the angles are odd (the issue could be solved with a shower head that moved more than this one did).

2) The towels are too thin -- a little more plush and cushioning would be appreciated!

I was there for a sad occasion (my beloved uncle's funeral service), but between the courtesy and caring of the manager, and the soothing good cheer of the room/suite, it made my quick stay in St. Augustine as nice as possible. As my cousins all live in the area, I will look forward to returning to the Cozy Inn in the future. I highly recommend it!

Please excuse typos.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

First, thank you so much for your wonderful and thoughtful comments and feedback. We are so happy that you found our location, your comfort, our cleanliness and our value - all to be exceptional. Our Staff works very hard to see that our guests are made comfortable and that they have all the amenities they need. We are glad you enjoyed the townhouse. They really are a bit of a home away from home - and a great space for the traveler. Christina, our manager and her friend, Ruffus :), are wonderful and we love having them work with us! Christina is a wonderful host and Ruffus makes it even more fun! We are looking into your suggestion about having shower heads that move - great input and we appreciate that. We have also reminded our Staff to review the towels continually. We are always changing them out and try our best to keep up with that. And lastly, our condolences on the loss of your uncle - it is clear he meant a lot to you. Please come back and see us again - but this time to just relax and enjoy family and our wonderful town. Safe and Happy Travels!