“A Wonderful Place to Stay”

Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn
Ranked #1 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 29 March 2011

We stayed for a weekend and had a wonderful time. The staff was delightful, particularly Mary. She made us feel so welcome. The Marin House is very fortunate to have her. Please let her know that she was the highlight of our trip. You have a treasure in Mary.

We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
BayfrontMarin, Owner at Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2011

You don't have to tell us that Mary is a treasure (although we're so glad that you did...it absolutely made her day!!!) We feel so lucky to have such a wonderful staff--they all are so committed to making our guests happy!!! Mary (and all of us!) look forward to seeing you again soon!--Mike and Sandy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,350)

Reviewed 29 March 2011

My wife and I traveled to St. Augustine, FL to celebrate our 48th wedding anniversary. We arrived at the Marin House a day early and were greeted c ourteously and warmly. We were put up in a very nice room next to the one for which we had reservations (The Bridge of Lions Room). The next day, the staff did everything they could to accomodate us and get us into our new room posthaste. The rooms are beautifully appointed and extremely comfortable. They serve a breakfast each morning, running the gamut from Quiche to a western Omelet. It was always delicious and presented beautifully. The staff are all courteous, helpful and very friendly. They made us feel like family. I highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

We are so happy that you enjoyed your anniversary!! And *thank you* so much for your wonderful review--we have a bnb because we like to make people happy, and it's wonderful to hear that we did!--Mike and Sandy and the whole BMH Staff

Reviewed 25 March 2011

Pros: Great location on bay but quiet at night. Easy walk to restaurants and shops. The owners and staff are very friendly, offering information about the area. Breakfast and happy hour were very nice. When I return to St. Augustine I will stay here.

Cons: Free parking was safe but a few minutes (5) walk from the Inn. Slight odor of Febreeze in room, which is a personal dislike for me.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
BayfrontMarin, Owner at Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2011

We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We hope you come back and see us again soon!--Mike and Sandy and the BMH Staff

Reviewed 23 March 2011

My wife and I spent 3 days there for our honeymoon this past week. We really loved it. We stayed in the Marie Anttoinette Room and it was fabulous. The food was excellent, and the staff was really curtious and attentive. Perfect walking distance to all the major attractions and shopping. We will deffinately be returning this summer and I highly recomend it to anyone trying to find a B&B in St. Augustine.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Look forward to seeing you again this summer--be sure you ask about our summer specials! See you soon--Mike and Sandy and the BMH Staff

Reviewed 22 March 2011

My wife and I stayed at there last week for 3 great days. The Napoleon Room was awesome. Clean, comfortable and spacious. The bed was quite comfortable even though it may have been kind of high off the ground. The breakfasts were quite good and the afternoon spread of wines, beers, homemade sangrias, and snacks was a great way to wind down the day. We could not ask for anything more. The view of the bay during breakfast was excellent. The people were extremely nice. We cant wait to go back again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

We can't wait to see you again soon!! Thank you so much for the nice review--Mike and Sandy and the BMH Staff

Reviewed 21 March 2011

My wife and I just returned home from St. Augustine where we spent a couple of days at the Bayfront Marin House for our Anniversary. The location was amazing, and the Inn itself was just as beautiful. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. This was my first time staying in a B&B, and it was quite possibly the best hotel/inn/lodging experience that I have ever had. The breakfast was delicious and served in bed with Champagne Mimosas (a little extra $). The Rum Cake served during happy hour was ridiculously good! This was just a wonderful experience all around, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
BayfrontMarin, Owner at Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2011

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Heloisa's rum cake is a favorite of ours, too--if you want the recipe, just email us! We're glad you enjoyed your anniversary--we look forward to seeing you again!--Mike and Sandy and the BMH Staff

Reviewed 19 March 2011

I have stayed at the Bayfront Marin House before, usually with my dog. I have always enjoyed the location, view and friendly staff. The B&B now has new owners and they are wonderful. I actually have found the rooms seem like the housekeeping is even better. Breakfast is quite good and of course the great view from the gazebo (where I like to sit) is very beautiful, especially with the good weather and breeze I enjoyed in March. The staff is very accomodating and in addition, they provide a wine, cheese and crackers and dessert selection between 5-7. It has wonderful proximity to the trolley, downtown and a variety of restaurants. I love to just park my car and walk everywhere and it's definitely possible at this location.

I would go again and have already recommended the Bayront Marin House to several people.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo