“Great views & excellent staff at this beautiful B&B”

Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn
Ranked #2 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Great views & excellent staff at this beautiful B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

We visited for 4 nights right before Thanksgiving & had the best time. Mary Jane is a doll who brightened every morning for us! She's so warm & sweet & it's all genuine. The fireplace in our room, bay view, happy hour beverages & hors devours, along with homemade breakfasts & staff made this such a special & memorable trip to St. Augustine for my husband and I. Everything was excellent! Although we bought tickets for the Red Train, the Bayfront is so close to everything, we left our car parked & walked to most sights, but most of all loved being able to walk to all the restaurants & the historic district every night to enjoy the Nights of Lights in St. Augustine. We also met such nice guests during our stay too!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Captain Henry room. On one side we had a view of the Bridge of Lions & the othe...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
BayfrontMarin, Owner at Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you so much for the five-star review, Maxine...it really does make our day to see that our guests enjoy themselves when they're with us!! You're completely right about Mary--she's been here since day 1 (ten years now!) and she brightens everybody's mornings (not to mention the way her breakfasts brighten the whole day!) We really appreciate the lovely review--and hope that you can come back soon!!--Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We spent three great nights. The owners and staff were very accommodating to us. I am in a wheel chair and my vehicle is extremely large. The owners gave us their parking spot next to the building so I wouldn't have far to go to get into it. The cook was also very accommodating to my dietary needs. I highly recommend this terrific B & B and will definitely try to return to it the next time we visit St. Augustine.

Room Tip: There is only one accessible room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We truly strive to make every guest's stay absolutely perfect, so we were glad that you talked to us before you came about what would make your stay the best one ever! We're always happy to accommodate special diets...we just ask for a few days' notice so that we can adjust our shopping. Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review--and we hope to see you back in St. Augustine soon!--Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff
Saranac Lake, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

As always, I stay at the Bayfront Marin House (BMH) when I'm visiting my favorite place, St. Augustine, FL. I stayed there in October for 10 days and it was just as fabulous as it's been the last 3 times I've stayed.

The owners, Mike and Sandy, and their staff, from Tatyana, Elizabeth, Heloisa, Steve, and Claudia, to Brian and Emery, LaVerne, Mary, Jane, and Donna, have become a second family to me, and they really do treat me like one of their own. I'm greeted with hugs and smiling faces; I can't say how great that makes me feel. =)

The food is terrific. Miss Mary cooked up a new killer french toast that will leave you screaming, "Oooo, la-la!" The desserts were decadent. The Happy Hour nomz were delish and a meal in themselves.

The rooms are large, comfy, clean, and just fabulously appointed! I could hear the horse carriages going by in the night, the 'clop-clop' of the hooves on the pavement...there's nothing quite like it.

I can't wait to try and get back in January '14 for the Nights of Lights. Hoping, hoping! Going once a year is just NOT enough!

THIS is the place you want to stay when seeing St. Auggie in all it's grandeur, charm and beauty and history. You can't beat the location, right on the Bayfront, Avenida Menendez is a quiet street, and right around the corner from St. George Street (a hub of fun, shops, and history), and the main downtown area. PERFECT! You can park your car and walk, or take the Trolley! There's a stop right around the corner located in front of 'The Oldest House." No matter what you want to do...the BMH is THE place to make your home-away-from-home...base.' I recommend it to ALL my friends.

=) Can't wait to get back there!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, and you have lovely views of the Bayfront.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
It was so great to see you and your dad again, Dulcie!! We love all of our guests, but there's a special spot in our heart for the folks who come back again and again--we look forward to seeing you again as much as you look forward to coming! (And we hope you do get back for Nights of Lights in January...it is such a pretty time of year). Thank you for mentioning all the staff members--it just makes their day to see their name in a five-star review! And thank you for your great loyalty--we really do appreciate your always choosing us when you come to town. Hope to see you again very soon!! --Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff (Heloisa, Mary, Brian, Emery, Jane, Claudia, Donna, Elizabeth, Tatyana, Rachel and Laverne--and we'll have to make sure you meet our newest team member Krissy when you come next time!!) :)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We recently spent a few nights at this location and overall it was quite positive. We have a very well behaved Airedale and it was great being able to take her with us. Most of the staff was wonderful, very friendly, and made the stay there quite special. The breakfast was absolutely delicious and the afternoon snacks were always great.
The arrival experience wasn't quite as good. It had been a long day on the road and when we arrived we were temporarily parked to get checked in. Things were a bit chaotic since there was a wedding event going on so we were trying to stay out of everyone's way while looking for the office. Once we found it we went inside to check in. A man who apparently worked there started loudly telling us that our dog was NOT allowed inside. Since we'd never been here, we had no idea this area also serves as the dining area. There were no signs to alert us that dogs weren't permitted inside. I walked outside with our dog while my husband carried in the luggage. It's a 2 story facility and, as I said, there were lots of people milling around. I thought I'd walk upstairs and snap a photo of the grounds while my husband was checking in when the same man appeared and said once again "no dogs upstairs, if you'd read the rules you would know this." I am very appreciative when our dog is allowed and always take great care to be observant of rules. I did not see a rule that stated we were not even allowed to walk up the outside stairs. The owners never introduced themselves so I don't know who this man was but he wasn't very nice. Maybe he just doesn't like dogs??
The room (#7) was quite noisy. The stairs were right in front of the room, the ice machine right behind, and the kitchen right next door. At 6 am breakfast preparation began and the walls are thin but the coffee smelled good.
Perhaps it would be nice to put a small sign on the office door letting people know that while the staff loves pets, please don't bring them inside since this area also serves as a dining room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay overall! We're sorry about the issue during your check in, but we're thankful that you shared it with us--we have recently done some additional training with our staff, so hopefully that won't ever happen again. We really strive to create a great experience for our guests--we hope that you'll come back again (please bring your beautiful pup!) and we promise we'll make it up to you. 'Til next time!--Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff
Cobourg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Staff that is outstanding and helps beyond the call of duty, perfect walking location, lovely buildings and top class food. Bathroom had a Jacuzzi tub. I had trouble w the wireless and they lent me a 4G...quite remarkable.

Room Tip: we had the room that had 2 bedrooms...and lovely private ocean view deck. It was a treat.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for writing such a nice review--it makes our day to get a five star rating!! We're glad that you mentioned the wifi was having trouble...that's why we keep a 4G mifi on hand all the time. Before we moved to the bnb, we both traveled a lot for work, and we know how important it is to stay in touch. It always bothered us when hotels didn't have a back-up plan for the internet, which is why we invested in the mifi. Thanks also for mentioning our staff--we think that they're the best too!! Hope to see you soon, Mike and Sandy and the Whole BMH Staff
Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

My husband surprised me for our 25th wedding anniversary with a two night stay at this fabulous property! I felt like I had left family after only a two night stay! We have never stayed at a b&b before so I was skeptical. But let me tell you, this is an amazing experience! From breakfast in the courtyard to the staff, everything was perfect. And that's not an easy statement from me. I've been in the travel industry for over 20 years and this property is a MUST experience. Thank you to everyone at Bayfront Marin for making my anniversary an experience not a stay. Look forward to seeing "y'all" again soon!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much, Angie...and we look forward to seeing you again soon!! We're glad that your husband chose our property for your celebration--it was great to be a part of it! Thank you so much for your glowing review--coming from someone in "the industry", it really makes our day to hear that we're hitting it out of the park. Take care, and come back soon!--Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

If you were to list everything you wanted from a perfect stay at a bed and breakfast, Bayfront Marin will meet and far surpass what you're looking for.
A gorgeous, historic, well maintained building houses wonderfully decorated and inviting rooms. A very gracious and professional staff ensures your quality stay. Add to this, location, view, amazing food (seriously the French Toast was the best I've ever had) and Bayfront Marin will leave you wanting to either move in permanently or visit again soon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Awww...thanks so much!! We wish there was a rating higher than excellent too--that would definitely help our ranking here on TripAdvisor! :) Seriously, though...we're so happy that we made your stay memorable and perfect--that's what we always aim for, and we're glad that we achieved it for you. We wish you could move in permanently too--but if you can't, we'll just look forward to seeing you on your next trip! Take care, Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff