“Very tranquil”

Ranked #2 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Sarasota, Florida
“Very tranquil”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My first B&B and it was wonderful. Loved the breakfasts every morning and their Happy Hour was the best!! We had the best waterfront view, I could have swung in that porch swing all day long. The staff was awesome, very friendly and referred us to great restaurants.
The Drechslers

Room Tip: We stayed in lady antoniette (I think) #2. The best waterfront view, in my opinion.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
BayfrontMarin, Owner at Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
It's great to add another person to the list of people who love the service of a bed and breakfast! We are so glad that you enjoyed yourself--and thank you for taking the time to write a five-star review for us...we really appreciate it! See you on your next trip--we'll save you a seat at happy hour!--Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We have been regular guests if the Marin House for the past 5 years and I couldn't think of any place I would have rather spent my birthday!!! The rooms are great and the view is spectacular form our room! But the staff are wonderful, we feel like part of their family. They are all such fun to be around and they all made my birthday just great especially when they sang to me and delivered my cake and balloons!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Barbara A
We feel like you're family too--and there's nothing better than getting together with family to celebrate a birthday! (Especially when there's cake involved!) We are so glad that you enjoyed this stay, and that you continue to come back and visit us--we love that part of our job! Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review--and we'll see you again soon!--Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

It's very clear to me now that these people have EARNED their rating here at tripadvisor. Very accommodating, reasonable price and my wife, puppy and I would go back in a heartbeat. I consider myself to be a fairly busy guy, and one night I decided that it was about time to go out and just relax, so this was a spur-of-the-moment decision that could not have been better.

The room was in great condition, the location was ideal for walking around and exploring a little bit and the staff was... well to say the least, it was likely one of the best customer service experience I have ever had, period. The breakfast experience is a must with them, to my understanding the gentleman serving us was on his first day, and had he not mentioned it I would have never known. Overall very friendly people who not only seem to know what they are doing, but love what they do.

Just for laughs I looked at the negative reviews here, I think that's confirmation that you simply cannot make everyone happy, but we certainly are.

2 Thank ajprescott91
Wow--what a wonderful review! You've just made our day! We are so glad that you chose us to be the home base for your much-needed vacation--and we're glad that you enjoyed your time here! Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review--we really appreciate it! Hope to see you again soon--Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This bed and breakfast is the best. From the moment we arrived it was a positive experience. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We stayed in Stephanie's Hideaway and it was beautiful. The afternoon social/happy hour was delightful. The Sangria was awesome, one of the staff members gave me the recipe and definitely going to try this. Breakfast was delicious with quiche one morning and banana pancakes another day. I was fortunate to meet the chef who was delightful and you can tell she loves what she does. When we rode the trolley past the inn I saw many people pointing and talking about it. The immaculate landscaping and building is such a beautiful place. Our only negative was we had to leave. We have already scheduled another visit in the near future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
We love it when guests book their next trip when they're staying with us--it's such a huge compliment! Thank you so much for mentioning so many of our staff members--we truly could not create such happy experiences without them (and they really do love what they do--it's what makes it so fun to come to work every day!) Good luck making the sangria--let us know how it comes out! See you soon--Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Mrain House Staff
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2014

As I rolled in late after a nine hour drive from Key West, just before closing time, I was greeted by Emory! Even though it was 5 minutes before they closed, I never felt that from him. He was so friendly and really took the time to share with me everything I needed to know. He walked me to my room and I must say...it was AMAZING! I stayed in the Lindsay MIchelle room. It is their two bedroom suite with it's own private balcony area with bayfront views. It was a great spot to curl up and read my book and catch some sun.

The room was gorgeous...super clean...with a fabulous jacuzzi tub. The room has great ambiance...especially when the fireplace is on. With the furnishings, I felt like I was back in time. The king bed had the softest sheets...I meant to ask them where they buy them.

Breakfast was delicious! The breakfast staff was so helpful and attentive. Conner and the other nice ladies (I apologize, I don't remember their names)...all wanted to make sure I had everything I needed. They were always ready to answer any questions and offer ideas of what to do during the day. It never seemed like a chore...more like true enthusiasm to ensure I had a fun time. For breakfast they have a lot of variety, something for everyone. While most guests have breakfast in either their dining room, courtyard area or gazebo...an option exists to have breakfast delivered to your room. Breakfast in bed is great idea for a lazy morning. I will try that next time.

They have taken time to create some really special occasion packages...I loved that you can order a 'birthday package" before you arrive and they decorate the room with balloons, party hats etc...even including a birthday cake. Love it.

Overall, what I love about this place is the owners definitely want to make sure you feel you have gotten value for your stay. They include breakfast in the morning and in the afternoon, they offer selections of wine, beer and appetizers. While I was there, they included ice cream and homemade cookies too!

Bayfront Marin House is close to everything too. The Oldest House is right around the corner and the rest of the sites are all walking distance. At the Oldest House is where Bayfront Marin House has parking for guests of the B & B, which is wonderful since parking is available in front, along the bay, but you have to feed those meters all day.

I can't say enough about this wonderful retreat. I really was impressed and while the place is beautiful, the staff is what brings it to life. They really are the warmest staff ever. This is a reflection of the owners...clearly they create a wonderful environment for their staff and their guests. Thank you to Mike and Sandy Weiber.

Thank you to everyone at the Bayfront Marin House for making my stay ever so lovely! You have created quite a gem here. I will be back for sure! Have a great summer!
xo
Laura Zequeira
Key West, Florida

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank LauraSoutherngirl
Well, you have just made everyone's day here! It is so awesome to read a review that mentions so many of the special details that our staff pays attention to...they do it because they love their job and really want all of our guests to have a wonderful experience with us, but it's so nice to be able to show them that people really do notice! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review--everyone here appreciates it! See you next time! --Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had two rooms rooms, 4 and 6, both rooms were very comfortable with a great balcony overlooking the sea with lots of seating.

We spent 2 nights here in August 2014 and will definitely return. The hotel is situated within 10 mins walk of the old town but is far enough away from the town to allow a quiet nights sleep in very comfortable beds. The breakfast is ordered the night before and is served either indoors or on the terrace. There are a wide choice dishes and the food is good and in generous quantities, enough to keep you going for most of the day.

I would recommend the hotel to anyone coming to spend a few days in St Augustine.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the recommendation--we really appreciate it! We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip! -- Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We were here in April and stayed at the Oceanside Cottage in Vilano. .Loved everything about it from staff to accommodations to breakfast..Make sure u meet Eloise and the Chef for bkfast...So We Are Back again..This time rented the 2 bedroom Oceanside again and room 101 which included the full living room space downstairs. .grill...bikes. .everything to make our party the best..shout out to Steve and even the Owner Mike for making it another awesome weekend. .Cya soon. .

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
There's no better recommendation than a return trip--and we're so glad you could come back and see us so soon! We want to thank you especially for mentioning specific staff members--everyone on our team works so hard to make our guests' stays wonderful, and they really do love seeing someone mention that. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with our future guests--and we look forward to seeing you again!--Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff