“Terrible”

Ranked #14 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
ERWIN
“Terrible”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I was extremely dissatisfied with the room I was booked in. I reserved the room 3 months prior and when I arrived at the hotel the room I had asked for was not available, the air conditioning did not work had to wait till next for each to be replaced . The room was right next to laundry center which was run loudly all night. The breakfast was terrible and not erodible. The bed did not seem clean at all there was so much moisture in the room it felt wet. Both me and my fiancée hot a skin rash after staying at this hotel, the pillows were old and terrible we had to go buy our own cost me 15 dollars. The shower curtain was stained and the shower head was not working properly had to once again seek help. I will never stay at this hotel again I'm not sure I will even stay at this chain of hotels again. I tried to get. Refund for the room but all I got was a run around. The hotel was quick to charge me before I settle in the room but not so quick to correct the issues I presented. If asked about the hotel by my friend I will advised to see other places. My first expierence was phenomenal and had the absolutely best customer service I have ever seen. But this last expierence has placed a bad image in my mind. I would like for the hotel to. Completely refund my hotel fee

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

3 Thank SheeshMan
Dubik85, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St Augustine, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
I understand that you recently encountered an issue here at the Wingate by Wyndham. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We do wish that you would have requested the hotel front desk to look for some pillows to suit your needs so you wouldn't have to purchase your own.
We are also sorry to hear that you did not like the location of the room, we would have been glad to move you if it were to be addressed to the front desk before hand. We wish that issues that you were experiencing were brought up to the front desk/management so you would have had a pleasant stay. It’s unfortunate. We make sure that we get involved in every aspect so that we respond promptly and positively to any possible complaint and we go above and beyond, so that our guests can have a pleasant experience!.

Front Desk Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
COCOA BEACH
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The air did not work very well in the room. Unfortunately it was around 11 pm before we noticed. We were very tired and didn't want the hassle of changing rooms. I woke several times during the night hot and sweating. In the morning, so looking forward to a long long shower, the water pressure was pathetic...so pathetic. Other than that the stay was nice. the room was very clean and nice. Breakfast was great and well presented. The gentleman whom checked us in was wonderful.

ANTIOCH
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Great place. The beds were real comfortable. Close to everything. The staff were great. The place were clean. Our family likes to stay at your hotels.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2012

When we got to the hotel, we weren't greeted w/hello, instead we were informed the hotel was sold out. Lucky we had made a reservation. The room was clean which I appreciIated but the fridge smelled terrible and was turned off. We cranked it up but it never got cold. I informed Jerry and since the fridge worked it wasn't replaced. So we had to use our ice chest instead. The breakfast buffet left a lot to be desired. The food was lukewarm with a limited selection. Nothing about this hotel wowed me. The hotel is situated awkwardly off the highway and contrary to what we were told by the front desk, it is not five minutes into town. It was more like twenty. We will not be coming back to the Wingate and I do not recommend it to others. Also , the sundry shop only carried c batteries. We needed double a for our electronics.

Room Tip: If your room is on the poolside you will hear the noise.
1 Thank escapednh
Clydebank
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Had an excellent 4 night stay at the hotel. Within easy reach of Old town St Augustine and by booking the trolley bus for 3 days - we got free parking in the town during the day. The other plus was parking was free after 6pm when we went for dinner in the evening. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and when it did get busy - a meeting room was opened up for additional table space, so no problems with overcrowding. Reception staff were very helpful and the facilities in the Business centre were easily accessible. The hotel is handy for Denny's, Taco Bells, KFC, Ruby Tuesdays and another couple that I can't remember. Premium outlets just across the road too! And easy access to the I95 when we continued our journey south.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
BURLINGTON
Reviewed 17 July 2012

It was a good stay.
Only negative was the air conditioner didn't get the room as cool as I would have liked.

HOLLYWOOD
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Stay was wonderful. The staff is excellent and the hotel is fantastic. We are happy to stay every visit to the area.