“I love this place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Augustine
Bryn Mawr Ocean Resort
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This was the third time I've stayed at Bryn Mawr. I've stayed in two different park models. They are small, but perfect for 1-3 people. The porches attached to the park models are excellent and are almost the same size as the trailer in many cases.

If you are wanting hotel style service, this place is not for you! They don't come by and wash towels or make beds. We don't mind that but some might. There is a laundromat on site, so bring your quarters.

It was very quiet and peaceful each time we were there. The breeze from the ocean was divine! You are only a short walk from a beautiful, clean, uncrowded beach.

Wildlife is visible around the park. Lots of little lizards around the park (the kids love catching them), and gopher turtles in the dunes as well as rabbits!

I recommend this place to anyone wanting a quiet peaceful vacation near the beach.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ashley K

Reviewed 11 April 2013

If you have a Big Rig keep reminding yourself of this. The roads are the narrowest I have ever seen. It took four of us to get in and out as the Park Models (most of the park) are close to the street or there patio and cover are. There are maybe five adequate big rig spots other than the ones on the ocean, of course you can't see the ocean from these sites as there are large sand dunes built between you and the beach. So you pay a lot extra to "hear" the ocean, suggest you buy a tape, go to another park, play the tape and drive either to a public beach or you caqn drive on the beach. The staff is great, the WiFi is horrible. Cost for an interior and inferior site was $70

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank KegMaster
Reviewed 25 February 2013

RVind should not cost more than a nice motel room but this week with races in Daytona it appears that everything was at a premium within an hour of the track. Too bad because most of us could care less. Came down for warm weather and had one heck of a time finding a place to hookup our RV without paying a fortune. Tried one place off I95 but got only one night there before being kicked out for previous reservations. Called everywhere and got one night only availability. This place was open because it costs so much that it was literally a last resort for those stuck with no other options. Also they were working on the roads so the noise all day should have qualified for a discount. Nothing could live up to the price, but this direct oceanfront resort has a lot going for it. Easy access to a gorgeous beach, heated pool and spa, kids playground, pet friendly, kid friendly, large laundry facility. Very narrow roads if you have a big rig but there are large rigs here if you are a good jockey. You are far from the crowds yet downtown is closeby. I'd check the prices first before you come but if you do come you'll enjoy it.

Room Tip: Ask for the middle section - less traffic yet convenient
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Barbara J
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed over a cold Presidents weekend. The folks are friendly, you can take your dog to the beach, drive a bike on the beach and even take your car on the beach. It's an older park, and some of the center spots are small, and not good for a big rig. The best sites are right along the back fence against the dunes, we had site 234 for a 40' 5th and it was great! The pull thru's that face these beach front sites are nice too! They just opened a new pool and hot tub, which we didn't get a chance to use. Get up for morning sunrise on the beach! Staff is very freindly and helpful, be sure to tell them about your camper size, and go for the sites by the ocean dunes!

Room Tip: Sites near the Ocean dunes are the best!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank KeysGuys
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Stay away because we hate when Bryn Mawr park models are booked and we cannot get in. :) Seriously, awesome place, pool, people, etc.

We have been staying here (renting park model homes in particular) for years typically during the summer months and the whole Family always enjoys it. We have found it to be extremely Family-friendly and very safe for the kids.
The staff has always been friendly and helpful, everything stays clean & well maintained, especially the pool. What I like is the fact it offers the best of both worlds, the beach and the pool. They are also, or have recently completed, a second but smaller heated pool.

I cannot say enough good things about Bryn Mawr.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank BruceH15
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed there a few months ago, when visiting St. Augustine. We loved the location. Loved the view, we were right on the beach. Granted the dunes cover the view, but the crashing of the waves and salt air smell is undeniable. We loved it so much going back next week.They are upgrading thier pool to a heated pool and jaccuzzi... We will have the same spot. Also great that we can bring our doggies with us, they are definitely a pet friendly place.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Bmaryanovsky
Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

Two years ago we came here after being fed up with Indian Forrest campground. This place is great! We get the beach front sites and listen to the ocean at night. We liked it so much that we've stayed here the past two Decembers (we're here right now!)

The highlights are having a dog friendly ocean right in your back yard, the amazing location (7 mikes from downtown), being on the island (my favorite part of st. Augustine), the awesome laundry room (the dryers are fast although half of them are broken) and the very helpful staff.

If you stay for the month, the cost ends up being about $30 a day. Otherwise, I think it's around $60 for ocean front spots. In my opinion, the beach had the location makes it worth the cost.

There are a couple of things I would like them to do that would make my stay better.

1) Having a fenced-in dog area so dogs can run around off the leash. Almost every person that stays here brings a dog. I think that would be a great addition to this park. A lot of rv parks have them nowadays. Especially since there's a $2 per day pet charge! If you stay the month, it's $1 a day. I three dogs so it ends up costing over $90.

2) Get rid of the sandspurs!! They are all over the back ocean front spots. I have to pick them out of my dogs feet and sometimes my own.

Those are my only two issues. I will still look forward to coming here every year!

• Stayed: December 2012